Plex install, Operation Failed

Discussion on Plex media server and clients
Mellamotrent

Plex install, Operation Failed

Post by Mellamotrent »

I just tried to update my Plex app, but it failed. So I uninstalled and now every time I try to reinstall I get an "Operation Failed" prompt.

My server is fine as I can access the files on other devices.

Any help is appreciated.
scout71
Italy

Re: Plex install, Operation Failed

Post by scout71 »

Hi, you didn't specify the version of the operating system you use but in my case it happened because I was using the wrong version of the package. Plex provides two different versions for the 4.x or 5.x series
I'm currently using it with no problems.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Hi,
From your past records, it can be inferred that the TNAS model is F2-421.
Please tell us the TOS version you are currently using and the highest version you have ever used.
Is the Plex app version you are using from the app center or was it manually uploaded? And what is its version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
RazorKnight248
Great Britain

Post by RazorKnight248 »

Good Afternoon,

I have the same issue, I have just attempted to update my F2-221 to 1.40.1.8227 from the previous version and all of a sudden I get "Operation Failed" messages once the manual installation of the new .tpk file reaches 50%. My TOS version is 4.2.30 and I have never had this issue before. I have since managed to uninstall the app entirely thinking this would improve things, and now even the base copy of the PLEX application held within the OS doesn't install? I've rebooted my NAS to no avail. Please could someone advise me as to the next steps as even the BETA version of PLEX 1.40.1.8351 doesn't appear to load in on my NAS at the moment? Thanks RK.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

RazorKnight248 wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 22:57
Your situation may vary greatly. We suggest that you refer to this troubleshooting problem first:
viewtopic.php?t=4912
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Plex”