RAID ERROR in HyperCache

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Constantine
Canada

Re: RAID ERROR in HyperCache

Post by Constantine »

cactusnas wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 21:11
Thank you for the advice. I stopped all applications and tried to create a hyper cache with the same result.
Gremlin wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 22:03
I perfectly understand that I use the beta version of TOS6 and various bugs are possible. I share information with users and developers.

Thanks to everyone.
Have a nice day.
TOS6.0, T6-423, 4x12T TRAID, 4T+6T RAID0, 2x1T NVMe RAID0
duranoid
Italy

Post by duranoid »

Hi,

I have the exact same error of Constantine. The Hyper Cache failed to create after the update to TOS6.

True that is a public beta but now is public so with a wide audience and not only for tech people. I hope for a fix from Terramaster.

Cheers
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

duranoid wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 15:45
Is the storage pool array in sync? Cache cannot be created during synchronization.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

duranoid wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 15:45 Hi,

I have the exact same error of Constantine. The Hyper Cache failed to create after the update to TOS6.

True that is a public beta but now is public so with a wide audience and not only for tech people. I hope for a fix from Terramaster.

Cheers
Have you reported it to the development team? (see the notes in the announcement of public Beta.)
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
duranoid
Italy

Post by duranoid »

Yes the storage pool is not in sync process. I have an unique storage pool with an unique volume and I want to apply the Hyper Cache to storage one.

TY (and yes I'm reporting the error to the dev team)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

duranoid wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 21:48
We have observed that you have been in contact with both the official website customer service and technical support email. I hope your problem can be resolved smoothly.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
DizConnected
United States of America

Post by DizConnected »

Now that I have the TOS 6 Beta installed and working, the only issue I am having is creating the HyperCache. I installed the NVME drives in my PC and did a Diskpart Clean to erase them before I installed them into the Terramaster NAS, but I don't think that is the issue as I have no problem detecting them in TOS 6, and I can even set them up as a storage pool 2. Plan on waiting for the next TOS 6 update to see if that will fix it.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

DizConnected wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 06:14
It should be easier to create/delete SSD cache on TOS 6.
Regarding the issue you have encountered, we suggest that you contact the customer service window on the official website or technical support email to make an appointment for remote troubleshooting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
duranoid
Italy

Post by duranoid »

I've contacted the support team and we've scheduled a remote session last Friday in the window suitable for the Terrmaster engineers but nobody came and also nobody is answering to my mails. The problem is still there.

As a customer I never had an experience like this before. You've to improve a lot in customer caring Terramaster.

Ty
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

duranoid wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 20:05
The technical support email address may not have received your email, please check the target email address again to make sure it is correct, or try sending it once with a different email address.

This might be useful for you.
viewtopic.php?t=5955

Return to “Storage”