F2-210 TNAS won't load after update

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
Jon

F2-210 TNAS won't load after update

Post by Jon »

I updated my F2-210 from 4.1.x to 4.2.4X and I didn't see the notice not to make this big of a jump but instead I was suppose to upgrade slower from version to version I guess.

Either way, I did it and now I can't seem to get TNAS to load in my browser after login. Once I login, I just get met with a loading bar forever. I tried hard rebooting the device and get the same problem.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do so I don't lose my data?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Jon
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-21 180656.png
PomaryLinea

Re: F2-210 TNAS won't load after update

Post by PomaryLinea »

I understand your concern about not being able to access your F2-210 NAS after jumping straight to 4.2.4X. This can occur due to compatibility issues with older configurations. While data loss isn't guaranteed, it's important to proceed cautiously. Here are some options:

1. Try waiting longer: Sometimes, the loading process can take several minutes due to system adjustments. Leave the NAS on for at least 30 minutes and see if the interface eventually loads.

2. Use TNAS PC: Download and install the TNAS PC application (viewtopic.php?t=3369) on your computer. It might allow access to your NAS even if the web interface fails.

3. Contact TerraMaster support: Explain your situation and the upgrade jump. They can offer official troubleshooting steps and escalate the issue if necessary. Remember, data recovery might be involved, so prioritize getting expert support: https://www.terra-master.com/us/contact-us/

Important: Do not attempt to downgrade or reset the NAS yourself unless instructed by TerraMaster support. Incorrect procedures can lead to data loss.

Data safety tip: While unlikely, consider connecting your NAS to a different network temporarily (if possible) or powering it down and connecting it directly to your computer via USB to access data through file explorer (if supported).

Remember, prioritize expert guidance from TerraMaster to minimize data risk. Good luck!

Return to “System Update”