What would cause just one of two F5-221 just disapere from the network?

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
Tricky
Great Britain

What would cause just one of two F5-221 just disapere from the network?

Post by Tricky »

Both connected to the same switch, yet one suddenly disappears from the network? This has happened several times before and in the past I have had to totally reinitialise the unit IE format each disk and start again, this time I was lucky and just turned off and on and it's back.
titanrx8

Re: What would cause just one of two F5-221 just disapere from the network?

Post by titanrx8 »

I have the same with two f2-221s. Both connected side by side to the same switch. Been happening for years. Even if I rearrange the network cables, it's ialways the same server. It hasn't mattered any version of the TOS. I assume it's the I/O board. When it happens the machine can't be pinged and it's invisible to the router and firewall. Usually a manual reboot fixes it for another week or two.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Exactly that! Dam annoying mine runs all the same version and apps and is configured the same, it will run fine for a week or so that nothing.
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

BTW, when I contacted tnas support regarding buying a new I/o board they wouldn't sell me one. Only interested in selling me an entire new machine.

Incidentally, the same machine also has an intermittent on-off button. Once in a while the machine will power on by itself, not in accordance with the power schedule I have set. It will also ignore button presses. When that happens, I disassemble the machine and flood the button with contact cleaner which fixes that problem for a few months.

The funny thing is that the misbehaving machine is newer than the one that never hiccups.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

When randomly dropped, you can try to check whether the hard drive is healthy:
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=915
How to know whether the hard disk health: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=1125
If you did not setup a power schedule, and your TNAS just constantely reboot by itself in several minutes, please contact with tech team for a replacement. The issue is likely to be due to device hardware failure.

Contact tech team: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=608
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)

Return to “Network & Remote Access”