F4-421 no longer powering on

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
Jojobo

F4-421 no longer powering on

Post by Jojobo »

I bought this used NAS unit from Facebook marketplace a couple of days ago. Initially, the device functioned correctly without any issues. However, after approximately a day of use, it unexpectedly powered off and has since failed to turn back on. Currently, the unit shows no signs of power, including the absence of indicator lights or beeps.

Upon encountering this issue, I attempted several troubleshooting steps based on recommendations from this forum. This included disassembling the unit to perform the "battery reset" procedure without the hard drives connected. Despite these efforts, the device remains unresponsive. I have also verified that the official power supply is functioning correctly, with the appropriate voltage present at the DC plug.

The data stored on the device is not of concern to me, so my primary goal is to restore the NAS to operational condition. What should I do next?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F4-421 no longer powering on

Post by TMroy »

There should be a hardware failure on your device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”