USB drive on F4-210

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
shawn

USB drive on F4-210

Post by shawn »

This is as much documentation as anything. I was waiting for approval on the forum and think I figured it out.

I have an F4-210 and am trying to access a G-Drive connected to USB. The G-Drive is formatted exFAT.

External storage detects the drive:

Shared Folders Free space/Total space File system
usbshare1 196.91 MB / 196.91 MB vfat / Good
--- --- / 20.01 TB exfat / Unmounted

File Manager only shows usbshare1 when I plug it in.

The initial vfat (mapped as usbshare1) appears to be just a shim used to make sure that the large filesystem would be accessible on the partition table, but that's the partition that's being automounted.

The guidance I'm seeing on the forum is to either upgrade to 5.1.36 (not offered for this hardware) or mount it using `mount /dev/sdc1 /Volume1/@usb/usbshare1` which isn't valid ("mount point doesn't exist"). I've also tried with sde1 and sde2 and sdf1 and sdf2 since this is a 4-drive NAS.

This command does mount it, but appears to leave the initial vfat connection active as well, and doesn't allow me to write to the drive over SMB
`mount /dev/sdf2 /mnt/usbshare1`

I was just sure this wasn't going to work or would require manual intervention each time it restarted to remount usbshare1 to the large partition each time.

Then I restarted the device (username, restart), waited for it to come back up again and now I finally have usbshare2 with the large exFAT mounted and interactive read/write ability.

As a tech I should have just restarted it first anyway. I know better.

Return to “Storage”