Docker Manager 2.0 Now is Released!

Discussion about Docker
EgorA

Re: Docker Manager 2.0 Now is Released!

Post by EgorA »

Hi!

Tell me please how can I update image to the new one without container recompiling?
I have created container from downloaded image. Now there is new version of image in repository. I can download it, but how it can be updated?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}EgorA
Docker Manager does not have any features related to this. Perhaps you can manually backup the container's data and configuration, and then import the data and configuration into the container created from the new version image.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
topo01
Germany

Post by topo01 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}EgorA
If you are using seperate data volumes for your container (e.g. like for Configs and user data) you can do like this:
  • Stop the container
  • Create new container from latest image and same settings like old container with same volumes
  • Start up new container
  • If new container runs ok you can delete the old container
F2-220, TOS 5.1.123 (8GB system partition), Docker 2.0.16 (Nextcloud, AdGuard Home), Terra Photos 2.0.13
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

TMzethar wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 10:21
grrr
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Nekle

Post by Nekle »

Hii,

I'm trying to update my docker using the files you provided but everytime I run them, I get "The file is incorrect and cannot be installed".

I was trying to update my `docker-compose.yml` but I'm not able to pull the image "x509 : certificate has expired or is not yet valid".
I tried to follow this : viewtopic.php?t=4243, but didn't seem to have done anything.
After looking online they said that it could be because of the docker version. So this is how i came here trying to update mine...

I've also updated my NAS to the latest version I could find.

TOS version: 4.2.40-2203011626-P1.18
Model: F2-221
Docker version: 17.05.5

Could i have some help ?

Thanks in advance !
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Nekle wrote: 18 Apr 2024, 05:42
The Docker version is limited by the system kernel version, so TOS4 is no longer able to continue updating Docker versions.
If you want to use the new Docker version, you can consider backing up your data and upgrading to TOS5. The upgrade operation is somewhat complex. If you really need it, you can learn about it here:
viewtopic.php?t=4912

Return to “Docker”