TNAS Cannot Be Found

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
skeeter_93

TNAS Cannot Be Found

Post by skeeter_93 »

I hope this is in the right section. My TNAS has started disappearing every three days or so. It cannot be seen in Windows explorer, and when I try to login to it with the PC program it says no TNAS can be found. I then have to physically turn it off and back on again. Then I can access the files on it again through explorer and log into it through the PC program.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TNAS Cannot Be Found

Post by TMroy »

If your TNAS device frequently disconnects from the network, it is likely due to hardware failure. These failures may include memory issues, hard disk or file system corruption, motherboard anomalies, and network connectivity issues. In order to determine the root cause of the problem, it is recommended that you take a step-by-step troubleshooting approach.

First, you can try replacing the hard drive with a new one and reinstalling the operating system to check if the problem is caused by a hard drive failure. If the problem persists after replacing the hard drive, it is likely that there is another hardware failure in your TNAS device.

In this case, we recommend that you immediately contact our customer service team so that we can provide you with warranty services and help you resolve this issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
skeeter_93

Post by skeeter_93 »

I am not sure how to go about replacing the hard drive. Is there an instruction somewhere?
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}skeeter_93
After shutting down the TNAS device, remove the old hard drive and follow these instructions to install the system using the new hard drive.viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

{L_BUTTON_AT}skeeter_93
If you use any TP-Link Powerline wifi adapters on your network, see here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/f ... 234?page=1 (It's a long read and there are several similar threads. Suffice, some of these things can cause connectivity issues if not using updated firmware.)
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
skeeter_93

Post by skeeter_93 »

Thank you, I will read the guide. Unfortunately I am not even sure which drive is the hard drive. I will see what I can do.
skeeter_93

Post by skeeter_93 »

I have looked at the guide - this means I must take out all the drives? Does this mean I lose all my stored media on there?

Return to “Network & Remote Access”