MinimServer & Docker - can't map music folder

Discussion about Docker
rockblock

MinimServer & Docker - can't map music folder

Post by rockblock »

Hi, I have followed the instructions for installing and running Minimserver.
I got it running and my remote client sees Minimserver running in TNAS, but the music folder is empty.
Minimserver's default directory is /media so I mapped my music folder to it in the Container's volume, but it still doesn't work.

Minimserver 1.jpg

Also, when I go to Minimserver to add the path, it gives me an error

Minimserver 2.jpg

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thx
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Re: MinimServer & Docker - can't map music folder

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}rockblock

The directory you selected during mapping should be /media.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rockblock

Post by rockblock »

Hi thanks for your response but I'll require some further clarification pls.

I don't have a /media directory, my music is under /Music on one of the Volumes...are you saying I should create a shared folder /media and move all music files there?

So are you saying I should have this:

Path (Hostfile) = /media
Mount (Containerfile) = /media

If that's the case, then what's the point of being given the option to choose the path where your music directory is? My understanding is you pick your music directory and mount (map) to /media, as the Tromatik version connects by default to /media...

Maybe I am misunderstanding how this works?
TMqiky

Post by TMqiky »

Select the/media directory in Minimserver, and you can enter the/media directory inside the container to check if it contains your music content.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rockblock

Post by rockblock »

Sorry, but how do I select a folder in Minimserver?...I only have access to the Minimserver status page with "refresh status/rescan" options (port :9790).

The /media folder comes up as default on the status page, not sure how to access the configuration page where I can also define various variables. There's another local/container port available :9791, but that one doesn't do anything when I try to connect

P.S. In QNAP/Synology, I can access the entire configuration MInimserver pages, but that's because the app is available and integrated with their respective OS...so still trying to figure out how get to other Minimserver features via docker
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

From the information you provided, it can be seen that you have mounted the directory "/Volume/Music" of TOS to the container's "/media"
When using the application, you should choose the "/media" directory for index. (Please review the screenshot you provided again)
For example, you can place videos in the "/Volume/Music/" directory of TOS, and then MinimServer can discover them in the "/media" directory of the container.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
rockblock

Post by rockblock »

Ok thanks for the additional explanation. I have rebuilt the entire container from scratch and created a new minimserver image and some how it started working...not sure what changed as I followed the exact same steps and ended up with the same parameter and volume mapping, but it's now pulling the music files along with artwork.

The only thing that needs to be done is manually rescan minimserver whenever there are changes to the folder, otherwise it won't update the remote client.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get to the minimserver configuration screen to change some variables, but for the most part it's working

Thanks for all the prompt responses!
Cheers!

Return to “Docker”