Update to Docker Engine

Discussion about Docker
gcok

Update to Docker Engine

Post by gcok »

I am trying to install nextcloud AIO however right at the end I got the following

Docker API v1.41 is not supported by your docker engine. Cannot proceed. Please upgrade your docker engine if you want to run Nextcloud AIO!

there is no update in the applications for docker so how can i fix this ?
TMpraj
China

Re: Update to Docker Engine

Post by TMpraj »

Hello, what is the version of your TOS system? What is the version of the Docker application?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
gcok

Post by gcok »

output from docker version

Client:
Version: unknown-version
API version: 1.30
Go version: go1.7.4
Git commit: unknown-commit
Built: unknown-buildtime
OS/Arch: linux/arm64

Server:
Version: 17.06.0-dev
API version: 1.31 (minimum version 1.12)
Go version: go1.7.4
Git commit: 6d92b0ee1
Built: Sun May 22 01:10:00 2016
OS/Arch: linux/arm64
Experimental: false

TNAS DEVICE: F4-210

TOS version 4.2.43-2203011629
gcok

Post by gcok »

Im running into a further issue trying to install archivebox

WARNING: Error loading config file:/home/admin/.docker/config.json - EOF
Error response from daemon: missing signature key

I tried installing it with Python and that failed too, it seems this NAS is just a glorified external hard drive at times, always some "issue" docker is out of date, portainer is severely out of date. WTF is this
gcok

Post by gcok »

any response from terramaster? or do I need to manually install the latest docker version? If there are no immediate plans to update docker for tos 4 devices then please let us know
tommi2day
Germany

Post by tommi2day »

i am not from terramaster, but on my T9-450 system with TOS5.1.95 and docker app 1.2.9 i have docker 20.10. Not really fresh, but much better than yours from 2016

Client:
Version: 20.10.17
API version: 1.41
Go version: go1.18.6
Git commit: 20.10.17
Built: unknown-buildtime
OS/Arch: linux/amd64
Context: default
Experimental: true

Server:
Engine:
Version: 20.10.17
API version: 1.41 (minimum version 1.12)
Go version: go1.18.6
main: T9-450
Abernathy

Post by Abernathy »

What is happening with Docker?

Yesterday I noticed there was an update to Docker Manager in the App Centre. So I clicked to update it, which it did but when I tried to run it I got an error message that it needed Docker Engine. I tried to install that and it failed.

I note that there are some posts back from 2022/23 with exactly the same issues. Querying how to install Docker Engine.

I have tried again today, but now when I search for Docker in the App Centre the only result is for Docker Manager. That still installs but fails to run so now I have no Docker.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Abernathy
Hi, your question has nothing to do with the subject of the topic.
Regarding your issue, it may have been caused by the installation of the beta Docker Manager that we accidentally uploaded. We deeply apologize for this.
You can reinstall the Docker app to fix the issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
tab3rware

Post by tab3rware »

gcok wrote: 10 Jan 2024, 00:35 any response from terramaster? or do I need to manually install the latest docker version? If there are no immediate plans to update docker for tos 4 devices then please let us know
Yep, the problem is TOS4. In TOS5 (TM F2-223), finally i was able to run Nextcloud OIA, with almost any problem. Terramaster has to update their app software.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}tab3rware
Due to Docker's requirements for kernel versions, the Docker app in TOS4 is basically unable to be updated
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:

Return to “Docker”