F2-210 Disappeared from Network/Sporadically Disappears from TNAS PC

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
StevenEShelton

F2-210 Disappeared from Network/Sporadically Disappears from TNAS PC

Post by StevenEShelton »

I had this same problem when I first bought this NAS, and it spontaneously fixed itself and has worked fine for months since. And now it's back.

My F2-210 won't show up on my network. It will *sometimes* show up when I scan for it using TNAS PC, but sometimes I just get the message that no TNAS was found.

When it COULD find it, I was able to change the IP address to where it was pointed before. However, that is all I have been able to accomplish. When I click the "login" button, it launches my browser but then the browser just comes up and says the connection timed out. When I click on "File Manager", I get "File access failed! Please try to access the file using Windows Explorer!" (Windows Explorer can't detect that it's there.)

I have checked my network. It's set up exactly as it should be; the TNAS box is just no longer showing up.

I have checked my firewall. Nothing is blocking.

I have attempted to connect using SSH. It just hangs.

I have tried all of the above both with the hard drives installed, and after powering up with no hard drives in at all. The results are exactly the same.

I have tried all of the above using Win 10 and Win 11 boxes. The results are exactly the same.

What is going on here, and how do I fix it?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-210 Disappeared from Network/Sporadically Disappears from TNAS PC

Post by TMzethar »

Hi,can you tell us when you started using it? What TOS version are you using?
Please try restarting or waiting for a period of time.
Can you enter the initialization interface when starting F2-210 without any hard drive?
If you are finally able to log in to the TOS webpage, please collect a log zip from "Technical Support - Feedback Issues" and send it to our technical support email for review.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
StevenEShelton

Post by StevenEShelton »

TMzethar wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 00:15 Hi,can you tell us when you started using it?
I wanna say about nine months ago. Not entirely sure.
TMzethar wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 00:15 What TOS version are you using?
I have no idea since I can't connect to it.

TMzethar wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 00:15 Please try restarting or waiting for a period of time.
I have done this, with and without the hard drives inserted. It does no good.

TMzethar wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 00:15 Can you enter the initialization interface when starting F2-210 without any hard drive?
I cannot.
TMzethar wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 00:15 If you are finally able to log in to the TOS webpage, please collect a log zip from "Technical Support - Feedback Issues" and send it to our technical support email for review.
I can not log in at all. For a brief period yesterday, I was able to connect long enough for the page title to change to "Loading TOS" (or whatever it is) and once I was able to actually even get the progress bars, but then it would just hang and the TNAS would disappear from TNAS PC again. It is currently in the "not going to show up on TNAS PC at all" mode.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Okay, next, when starting F2-210 without any hard drive, please try logging in to SSH.
How to log in to the SSH terminal?
The default user is root and the default password is Admin123
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
StevenEShelton

Post by StevenEShelton »

TMzethar wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 15:55 Okay, next, when starting F2-210 without any hard drive, please try logging in to SSH.
As I indicated in my first message, attempts to do this fail. It just hangs, and eventually times out.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

We hope you can provide some relevant screenshots to help us identify the issue
You can try fixing the kernel that may have errors:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=696
https://support.terra-master.com/faqs/t ... TOS_update

Return to “Initialization”