TerraMaster Team
China

TOS 5.1.73 (ARM) is Released for Update

Post by TMRyan »

Release Notes

Applicable Models:
  • F2-211,F2-212,F4-212
What's New:
  1. Adapted to TNAS Mobile 3 (Android: 3.2.31, iOS: 3.2.32).
Bugs Fixed:
  1. Fixed some issues in fan control.
  2. Fixed some issues in Network Services.
  3. Fixed some issues in App Center.
  4. Fixed some issues in USB Device.
  5. Fixed some issues in Security Isolation Mode.
  6. Fixed some issues in Notifications.
Important Notes:
  • While the system update typically doesn't affect your hard drive data, it is strongly recommended to back up your data to ensure its safety before proceeding with the update.
How to Update Your TOS:

Manual Update:
  1. Download the update package here (md5: 843003ddb8ae9ff99409fdb908b1c27b).
  2. Go to TOS > Control Panel > General Settings > System.
  3. In the "Manual Update" section, upload the update package.
  4. Click "Apply."
  5. After the system update is complete, refresh your web browser.
  6. Note that your TNAS's IP address may change after the update; if you can't connect with the previous IP, search for the new IP using the TNAC PC client.
Issue Report:

If you encounter any issues during use, please report them on the TerraMaster official forum, or email your issue description and screenshots to pm(at)terra-master.com.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
woodpa

Re: TOS 5.1.73 (ARM) is Released for Update

Post by woodpa »

Hi

Please can you advise when TOS 5 (e.g. 5.1.73) will be available for the F2-210 model?

Thank You
pipa89
Spain

Post by pipa89 »

I ask the same thing, since a few days ago I acquired an f2 210 and from what I see you have discontinued it and it makes me see that you are not very serious as a consolidated brand.

In addition, the TNAS MOBILE app is very outdated, many options do not work and the Global server to connect to the NAS over the Internet is not working, however on the Chinese server it works poorly and slow.

I hope that they update this NAS to TOS 5, it is a shame that they do not want to do it because by proxy it can be done.
pipa89
Spain

Post by pipa89 »

I do not have the necessary knowledge to implement TOS 5 on nas f2 210, in that case I would not be writing here.
But I don't think it will cost the terramaster team too much to update this nas, or at least give the option of installing other software on the nas like OMV or similar.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

You are obviously able to ttry and install other OS, such as OMV, if you wish. However, that is entirely down to you and you will have to put in the effort. Don't expect help from TM. Ask at OMV (for example) if that is the way you want to go.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Ajlcneves

Post by Ajlcneves »

Hello
I have TNas F2 210 like mani others, and i ask why this Nas do not have update to TOS 5.
We are also customers and therefore would like a justification.
Also the TNAS Mobile 2 App is very obsolete.
I like very much TerraMaster NAS, but if Terramaster do not upgrade this NAS, like mani others costumers, i will go to other NAS brand.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

Every NAS device manufacturer that used the RealTek RTD1296 SoC has those NAS devices stuck on Linux 4.× kernel (this is what is in the 210 device series); seems that RealTek hasn't released a newer kernel Linux port for the SoC & doesn't seem to see the need to do so since they have newer solutions available to replace the aging RTD129×, which was released in 2016.

Terra-Master uses Linux LTS kernels in their TOS releases, so the newest current 4.× kernel they could possibly use is 4.19.× which will lose support at the end of this year (December 2024).

The models listed in TOS 5.1.× (ARM) releases are currently all the newer RTD1619B SoC units (211 series & 212 series).
pipa89
Spain

Post by pipa89 »

Come on, we practically bought a paperweight brick... A shame, I hope that at least the terrasmaster team can provide support to be able to install another alternative system, because in addition, the mobile APP is very obsolete and should be updated... . Greetings.

Return to “Update Notice”