Webserver + php 8.1 - no session start function available?

Using Web Server, PHP, MySQL, MariaDB.
Zach83

Webserver + php 8.1 - no session start function available?

Post by Zach83 »

I can see through the php -i that session support is enabled, however, I am getting an error when I call the built in php function session_start().

This makes no sense to me, as the previous 8.1 webserver I was running this website on had no problem running it.

I am trying to make my tnas the developmental server for my webdesign, and using my ubuntu server as my live site host.

So, to not have session_start, which is a php built in function, available on the tnas webserver is very odd.

Has anyone else figured this out?

I seen that another person had asked this question, but the response from tnas was bad and offered no actual solution.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Webserver + php 8.1 - no session start function available?

Post by TMzethar »

You can add the extension modules you need in WebServer PHP Edit Extension
Can this solve your problem?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Zach83

Post by Zach83 »

No, as there is no session extension for download.

Additonally, with php -m, it shows that sessions is active.

No idea why this is doing this, as I have installed apache on several systems and never encountered a session issue...
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Zach83
Sorry, after confirmation, some modules are missing from the PHP version installed in the application center. We will fix this issue in future versions. You can temporarily use the default PHP 7.4.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Zach83

Post by Zach83 »

That is unfortunate.

I dont want to use 7.4, so therefore, I will not be able to use the tnas for a webserver at the moment. Very disappointing to see this occur, but I understand that things can happen like this. Hopefully you get it resolved soon.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Zach83
We will resolve it as soon as possible.
Please pay attention to subsequent app updates.

Return to “Web Server/PHP/MySQL/MariaDB”