The TerraSync Beta is now released, with Windows and Mac clients!

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

The TerraSync Beta is now released, with Windows and Mac clients!

Post by TMzethar »

Dear TerraMaster community,
Thank you for your continuous support and attention to TerraMaster products. We are delighted to inform you that the new versions of TerraSync, TerraSync Client, TerraSync Windows (TNAS PC For Windows),and TerraSync Mac(TNAS PC For Mac) applications are now available! To better collect and meet the different needs of our users, we sincerely invite you to participate in the TerraSync application sneak peek event. After experiencing this application, please provide your feedback and suggestions to our product team.
TerraSync has added multiple new features and fixed some issues to offer an enhanced user experience. The following are the updated contents:
TerraSync:
  • Added the function of version retention policy for team folders.
  • Optimized the logic for file version generation.
TerraSync Client:
  • Fixed some issues in the three synchronization modes.
  • Optimized the handling strategy for file conflicts.
TNAS PC For Windows:
  • Added the on-demand synchronization function.
  • Added three synchronization modes.
  • Added the synchronization task pause/resume function.
TNAS PC For Mac:
  • Added three synchronization modes.
  • Added the synchronization task pause/resume function.
Note:
  • The TerraSync Windows client is integrated into the latest version of the TNAS PC For Windows desktop application; to use the TerraSync Windows client, install the latest TNAS PC For Windows.
  • The TerraSync Mac client is integrated into the latest version of the TNAS PC For Mac desktop application; to use the TerraSync Mac client, install the latest TNAS PC For Mac.
Download & Install
You can install the latest TerraSync, TerraSync Client, and TNAS PC For Windows applications by following these methods:
1.Search for TerraSync, TerraSync Client in the TOS App Center and install them.
2.Click on the link below to download: TNAS PC For Windows Compatible systems: Windows 10/11
3.Click on the link below to download: TNAS PC For Mac Compatible systems: MacOS (Apple processor)

Please note:
1.If you have previously installed TerraSync related applications on TNAS, please uninstall them before installing the new versions of TerraSync and TerraSync Client.
2.This version of the application is still in Beta, allowing you to experience the latest features. However, it is not recommended for use in a work environment.
We look forward to your participation and valuable suggestions. If you have any questions or need assistance with using the application, please contact our team.

Forums: Please leave your messages directly under this post.
Email: support(at)terra-master.com

Sincerely,
TerraMaster Product Team
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
GearHead1234

Re: The New TerraSync Beta with Windows client has been Released!

Post by GearHead1234 »

Is there a user guide or other instructions available for TerraSync? So far I have only been able to set up synchronization using the default Homes\username\TerraSync folders that got created when I installed the TerraSync server on my TNAS. I was hoping to set up synchronization to (user-specific) shared folders which could then be included in SnapShot or TFM Backup tasks, but have been unable to figure out how to do so.
TMeric
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMeric »

If you want to use another shared folder as the synchronization directory of the NAS, you can add your shared folder in the Team Folders under the TerraSync Console module in the TerraSync application.
GearHead1234

Post by GearHead1234 »

That's what I had assumed was needed, except that the resulting "Add a folder" pull-down list is blank, in spite of the fact that I have multiple shared folders defined on this NAS.

As a second question - is it possible to define multiple TerraSync Client connections from the same PC? I have multiple Windows users on my PC, and would like to set up TerraSync for each of the users. I'm unclear whether I am able to create a separate connection for each user (which doesn't seem to work), or simply define multiple tasks running under a single admin-level set of credentials to synchronize all of the user folders (which would then require using Shared folders rather than the default home/user/TerraSync folders).
GearHead1234

Post by GearHead1234 »

I should add I'm running TOS 5.0.176 on an F2-221, with the newly-release TNAS PC 5.1.207.
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

GearHead1234 wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 13:25 As a second question - is it possible to define multiple TerraSync Client connections from the same PC? I have multiple Windows users on my PC, and would like to set up TerraSync for each of the users.
you can only run a single instance of Windows client, but you can set up different servers/tasks for each user as the configurations are stored separately
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
GearHead1234

Post by GearHead1234 »

I get "Operation Failed" when I try define a second connection in the "TerraSync Servers" list. Alternatively, if I try to create a second Sync Task and select the "New Server" option I receive "The TerraSync server is already connected" error.

Just to confirm, is the new TerraSync app (ver 0.0.117) supported on TOS 5.0.176, or does it require TOS 5.1.x?
GearHead1234

Post by GearHead1234 »

Update: after reinstalling TOS 5.1.41 (a bit of work due to need to resize system partition), I am now able to add shared folders into the Team Folders list. It still doesn't work for me to create separate Sync connections with different user privileges, but at least I am able to set up multiple sync tasks running under a dedicated user account that has access to all the necessary shares.
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

GearHead1234 wrote: 23 Dec 2023, 01:06 I get "Operation Failed" when I try define a second connection in the "TerraSync Servers" list. Alternatively, if I try to create a second Sync Task and select the "New Server" option I receive "The TerraSync server is already connected" error.
creating a second connection targeting the same server might not be supported on a device, it is our original design that we treat one PC as a whole for server-side management
GearHead1234 wrote: 23 Dec 2023, 01:06 Just to confirm, is the new TerraSync app (ver 0.0.117) supported on TOS 5.0.176, or does it require TOS 5.1.x?
yes. this will be fixed in the next update which will be released in a few days.
titan5

Post by titan5 »

Can we get clear instructions on which apps to install on the TNAS please?
I see; TerraSync, TerraSync Client, TerraSync Client and TerraSync Server

And I note that the TerraSync Windows Client is now in the TNAS for Windows.

What about Android client?

Return to “Update Notice”