Remote Access for VTT Docker

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
ladylibrary

Remote Access for VTT Docker

Post by ladylibrary »

I've been trying to use my NAS as a remote server for FoundryVTT. To do so, I've used a docker to run the application and that is working successfully locally. However, try as I might, I can't seem to get remote access to work.

I first tried allowing port forwarding to the set port (30000) to the NAS WAN IP but no good. I tried the docker's network IP as well but got nothing but timeouts.

If I understand correctly, I should be able to access the docker/application/FoundryVTT remotely by port forwarding to the local IP/port that works, but haven't had success. I'm also stumped in even where to look to find error logs or any troubleshooting tools to help figure out what the problem could be.

Any help would be appreciated!
tinale88

Re: Remote Access for VTT Docker

Post by tinale88 »

Have you checked if your router's firewall is allowing traffic on the specified port (30000)?
I'm a tech geek and I'm always looking for new ways to use my NAS.
Geometry Dash World
SonopaalFounik

Re: Remote Access for VTT Docker

Post by SonopaalFounik »

Are you sure local access works via the LAN IP and port (e.g., http://192.168.1.x:30000)? Double-check docker compose or container startup commands.
Confirm WAN port forwarding is set for correct protocol (TCP) and port (30000) to the NAS's internal IP and docker container port (check docker inspect for mapping).
Check if your router has separate settings for internal and external ports.
Test port forwarding with tools like PortScan.io.
Check container logs with docker logs foundry_container_name.
If using a volume for Foundry data, ensure it's accessible outside the container (host path or network volume).
Consider using a network overlay like "macvlan" for better access from the host network.

Return to “Network & Remote Access”