Email Notification stopped working

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Email Notification stopped working

Post by Gremlin »

For no apparent reason, email notifications on my system stopped working. Using custom settings (which have been working fine) the emails just stopped - I have a scheduled task that runs every night, task ran but no email.

Settings were still intact. Swapped back to "local" (ie TM server) and got test emails running again. Tried to return to custom setting and the entries had gone. Had to redo the settings (exactly as before) to get notifications to work again. This is post update to 5.1.95.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Email Notification stopped working

Post by TMzethar »

We have forwarded your feedback to the relevant team and will discuss optimizing it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

And it has happened again (Tos5 and Tos6 on 2 machines). After system shutdown and restart (Guessing) via button due to network issues (ISP finally fixed my speed issues!). This time switching to 'local' has not solved it. And the custom settings have again disappeared. Restart via GUI did not solve it. Not tried full shutdown yet as one machine is remote.
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Full shutdown and restart on TOS6 machine has not solved issue.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

OK - partial solution.
TOS5 - Full shutdown/startup did not resolve problem. Then I thought to check fixed IP settings! 'Mea culpa' to an extent. When ISP tech managed to blow away all my DHCP/router settings the system was set back to a default setting. Installation of a new ISP supplied/fitted fibre modem and router ensued to resolve did not help. ('assured fix' for speed issues - not - issue in local cabinet all along for MONTHS!) Default gateway for 'default' network had carried across to NAS interface and I had not spotted it. Correcting this worked on TOS5. On my way to update OS ....

TOS6 - same correction on this system has not appeared to resolve. But, this is a Beta. More investigation. Isn't this FUN!
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

TOS6 - A couple of reboots and reset of the Notifications settings and now seems to be working. Unlike TOS5, I was able to use the Custom server setting in TLS/SSL mode which I still cannot get to work in TOS5.

TOS5 - Set to use custom server on Port 25. Working.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your report, we will verify the issues and fix them if it does exist.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “System Configuration”