Migration from one NAS to Another Terramaster Nas

Discuss understanding the various backup tools available and choosing the one that's right for you
Lionhart77

Migration from one NAS to Another Terramaster Nas

Post by Lionhart77 »

I am migrating from F4210 to new NAS F4-223. In my old NAS (F4-210) I have Raid 5 setup with 4 drives of 2 TB each. Can I insert them without any change in New NAS? or how can I migrate? I want to avoid taking backup and building Raid again
TOS version on my Old NAS is 4.2.41 and it's not upgradable to TOS 5. I read somewhere that the storage structure changed in tos5 so I don't know if it's still plug and play.
Has anyone done this before? migrating To TOS 5 from older NAS?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Migration from one NAS to Another Terramaster Nas

Post by TMzethar »

In general, when reinstalling TOS5 using hard drives from F4-210, the system will reformat to the new partition format.(This will prevent you from accessing the data.)
Therefore, you cannot successfully install the hard drive from F4-210 on F4-423. Please backup your data first.
Can your F4-210 still read data from the hard drive? If data can still be read in F4-210, you can consider purchasing two 6TB disks for F4-423 to build RAID1/TRAID, and then copying the data from the four 2TB disks of F4-210 to the two 6T disks of F4-423.
Then if you need more space in F4-423, you can add disk to the TRAID or miragrate RAID1 to RAID5 with new 6TB disk.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “How to back up? Which one is right for me?”