Can't connect Hyper-V server as device

Centralized Backup is a professional disaster recovery tool specially developed for business users. By using Centralized Backup, company IT managers can use TNAS as the central backup server, without having to configure each host separately, and use TNAS as the initiator to centrally back up the storage space of internal employee computers, workstations, servers, virtual machines, or even is the system partition.
Optimus22Prime

Can't connect Hyper-V server as device

Post by Optimus22Prime »

I can't connect Hyper-V Server Windows 10 2022 to Centralized Backup app. After I choosing Microsoft Hyper-V inside "Add device" screen and filling all tabs I got a warning, "The current device already exist, please do not connect again!". It's kinda rude, especially because I just installed Centralized Backup couple of minutes ago, and definitely not having any devices connected to the app. After installing "Centralized Backup.exe" client to the server I can see the device, but as "Windows PS/Windows Server", not as "Microsoft Hyper-V". So what I'm doing wrong?
TMcola
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Can't connect Hyper-V server as device

Post by TMcola »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Optimus22Prime

1.If you want to connect to hyper-V 2022, you need to confirm whether this computer has been established a connection through Windows Server. Because the same device can only establish a connection through hyper-V or windows server.
2. If the above situation does not exist, please provide a screenshot of the device page and a screenshot of the connection error, which can help us locate the problem faster.
3. You can try again by uninstalling (clearing application data together) and reinstalling.
Optimus22Prime

Post by Optimus22Prime »

1.If you want to connect to hyper-V 2022, you need to confirm whether this computer has been established a connection through Windows Server. Because the same device can only establish a connection through hyper-V or windows server.
No, it's not connected as Window Server for now. Centralized backup client exe are not installed at hyper-v host server.
2. If the above situation does not exist, please provide a screenshot of the device page and a screenshot of the connection error, which can help us locate the problem faster.
Screenshots attached. I can't capture error, because floating window appearing after I pressing "Confirm" and disappearing very fast. Literally its say "The current device already exist, please do not connect again!".
3. You can try again by uninstalling (clearing application data together) and reinstalling.
Did this twice, it's not helping.

BTW, Hyper-V host server must be in the same windows domain as TNAS? Because I have hyper-v server standalone.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231129_124434.png
Screenshot_20231129_122652.png
TMcola
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMcola »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Optimus22Prime
1. Firstly, you need to confirm whether your Hyper-V and TNAS are in the same local area network and whether they can ping each other.
2. Yes, Hyper-V and TNSA need to be in the same domain to establish a connection.
3. If you need to use domain names instead of IP addresses for connections, you can use an SSH terminal to log in to TNAS and use the command "ping domain" to check if your TNAS and Hyper-V domain networks are connected. If they are not, please check whether the DNS settings of your TNAS network are correct.
4. You can modify the DNS settings manually through the TNAS control panel - Network - Interface, set it to the DNS of the Hyper-V domain, and then try to connect again.
5. If the problem still persists, please contact technical support email or the customer service window on the right side of the official website homepage.
Optimus22Prime

Post by Optimus22Prime »

1. Firstly, you need to confirm whether your Hyper-V and TNAS are in the same local area network and whether they can ping each other.
Yes, they can
2. Yes, Hyper-V and TNSA need to be in the same domain to establish a connection.
At the same Microsoft Windows Domain? (both registered as a domain members at Domain Controller), or it is about TCP\IP Domain? They are both in the same LAN segment and in the same TCP\IP domain, but Hyper-V server are standalone server and not included to the Microsoft Windows Domain. Tnas are included.
3. If you need to use domain names instead of IP addresses for connections, you can use an SSH terminal to log in to TNAS and use the command "ping domain" to check if your TNAS and Hyper-V domain networks are connected. If they are not, please check whether the DNS settings of your TNAS network are correct.
DNS name resolving are fine
4. You can modify the DNS settings manually through the TNAS control panel - Network - Interface, set it to the DNS of the Hyper-V domain, and then try to connect again.
5. If the problem still persists, please contact technical support email or the customer service window on the right side of the official website homepage.
Got it
realdvk
Russia

Post by realdvk »

I have the same issue. Neither TNAS nor HYPERV server 2019 are AD-domain joined. Need help.
T6-423: 4x4TB + 1x12TB + 1x250GB + 1x1TB
TMgevin

Post by TMgevin »

Can you describe the problem more specifically?
Is TNAS unable to add hperv devices?
First check if they are on the same LAN.
Then verify that winrm is configured, which is Microsoft's official guide.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windo ... management
realdvk
Russia

Post by realdvk »

Yes, TNAS is unable to add hyperv device. WinRM, firewall and security groups configured correctly.
It says "device already exists" when i press "confirm" but there is no such device.
Reinstallation of app does not help.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-06 055041.png
Screenshot 2024-01-06 054653.png
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}realdvk

Try uninstalling the app and checking delete configuration files and then reinstalling it and connecting again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
realdvk
Russia

Post by realdvk »

TMwuu wrote: 06 Jan 2024, 12:41 Try uninstalling the app and checking delete configuration files and then reinstalling it and connecting again.
I tried it but it didn't work. I got the same result.

Return to “Centralized Backup”