I can't create cameras since the last update

A CCTV monitoring and recording application
oscar1412
Spain

I can't create cameras since the last update

Post by oscar1412 »

I can't create cameras since the last update, the operation always fails, I have uninstalled and installed it, and nothing works anymore, nothing worked before, but it didn't work now.
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: I can't create cameras since the last update

Post by TMLyy »

Does Update refer to the surveillance manager app or the TOS system update? Please provide system report logs.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
oscar1412
Spain

Post by oscar1412 »

Since the app was updated from the app store, it stopped working before it worked for me and now I don't have Dahua cameras and it worked perfectly, and it's funny that when the app was updated everything disappeared except the recordings, the cameras have stopped everything exists blank, and when I try to add the cameras again I get a failed operation.

I updated the cough to version 1.195 tos and it doesn't work either, I don't know what to do anymore.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

When you 'create' (ie add) cameras, which port do you use. The default is 80 (iirc) but I found my cameras had the ovnif port set to 8080 (can be changed in camera). Do you get past the "test connection" which appears to be a requirement to continue?
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
TMcola
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMcola »

{L_BUTTON_AT}oscar1412

Hello.We need to confirm whether this camera has never been successfully created or if it is the update that has caused the failure to create.
If it has never been successfully created:
1.We need to confirm whether this camera supports the ONVIF protocol.
2.Verify that the account password is correct.
3.Check if users have also been assigned in the camera backend.
If it was previously possible to add the camera but it can no longer be added after an update, remote access will be required for further investigation.
oscar1412
Spain

Post by oscar1412 »

As I said before, in the previous version it worked perfectly with port 80 and it does not work with port 8080, but with 80 and before everything worked correctly, the cameras are Dahua IPC K23 and everything was perfect until I I updated the surveillance manager app and it stopped working.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}oscar1412
Please contact the technical support email or customer service window on the right side of the official website homepage, and we can arrange an engineer to assist you in remote troubleshooting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

This probably won't help much, but offered in good spirit :)

I have only been experimenting with the app. (Only in latest version. TOS 5.1.95 and 6Beta) I created some cameras and then deleted them. After they had been deleted, I found that I could not re-create them. As it was a beta test I simply deleted the app and all settings. When app was re-installed I was able to get it working again.

[For the record, it is no good for me as a working environment as the are no PTZ controls - to say the least. Live view is 'spotty' as far as camera display is concerned. There are more advanced apps that work better but, of course, need another machine to run them. Also was not able to connect to my hybrid dvr which other apps do with ease.]
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

I just did a system restart and re-installed SM. Now I find I cannot "enable" the app through APP Manager (Operation Failed) but I can access SM via the GUI. Now I cannot add any of the cameras that I was able to view a few days ago.
TMgevin

Post by TMgevin »

Gremlin wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 19:12 This probably won't help much, but offered in good spirit :)

I have only been experimenting with the app. (Only in latest version. TOS 5.1.95 and 6Beta) I created some cameras and then deleted them. After they had been deleted, I found that I could not re-create them. As it was a beta test I simply deleted the app and all settings. When app was re-installed I was able to get it working again.

[For the record, it is no good for me as a working environment as the are no PTZ controls - to say the least. Live view is 'spotty' as far as camera display is concerned. There are more advanced apps that work better but, of course, need another machine to run them. Also was not able to connect to my hybrid dvr which other apps do with ease.]
Could you please provide the version number of the application as well as any information about special operations you may have performed? This will help us to resolve the issues you are experiencing more quickly.
The application does not support PTZ control or linking to other devices. If your Hybrid DVR supports the mount function, you can mount TNAS as a storage device for video files.

Return to “Surveillance Manager”