I can't create cameras since the last update

A CCTV monitoring and recording application
Gremlin
Great Britain

Re: I can't create cameras since the last update

Post by Gremlin »

TMgevin wrote: 08 Dec 2023, 11:48
Could you please provide the version number of the application as well as any information about special operations you may have performed? This will help us to resolve the issues you are experiencing more quickly.
The application does not support PTZ control or linking to other devices. If your Hybrid DVR supports the mount function, you can mount TNAS as a storage device for video files.
Version is 0.2.18 (do you have other 'latest versions'?)

No 'special operations' (Not sure what you really mean.) Install app, try to enable app (operation fails) open app and try to add cameras.

As per my earlier post, I'm not trying to use this app actively. I'm just confirming, for the benefit of other users who have posted (or will post) that there are some issues. When it does work, it's not a practical app for me.I have already deleted it, but may try again later if issues are resolved.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

I should have mentioned (again?) about the DVR. This is not something I particularly care about (I have 2 HDD in the DVR) BUT Surveillance Manager sets out as ONVIF compliant app. My DVR is also ONVIF compliant (as well as other regular cctv protocols). The 'ONVIF Device Manager' app (unfortunately no longer available for download and presumably not maintained) simply connects to DVR with user/password+port. Surveillance Manager does not. Make of that what you will, but it does appear to be a 'symtom' of a Beta app not quite ready for prime time.
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
TMgevin

Post by TMgevin »

Gremlin wrote: 08 Dec 2023, 17:28 I should have mentioned (again?) about the DVR. This is not something I particularly care about (I have 2 HDD in the DVR) BUT Surveillance Manager sets out as ONVIF compliant app. My DVR is also ONVIF compliant (as well as other regular cctv protocols). The 'ONVIF Device Manager' app (unfortunately no longer available for download and presumably not maintained) simply connects to DVR with user/password+port. Surveillance Manager does not. Make of that what you will, but it does appear to be a 'symtom' of a Beta app not quite ready for prime time.
Thank you for your attention and enthusiastic suggestions on Surveillance Manager. We will continue to solve its problems and enrich its functions.
oscar1412
Spain

Post by oscar1412 »

Thank you for the interest you are showing in the problem of the surveillance manager but I contacted you by email and the response they indicated to me is to update to version 1.195, the version of the surveillance manager is 0.2.18 and as I indicated previously it worked for me In onvif mode, I have a terra master f4 423 with cough 1.195, I don't know what to do anymore, I deleted it, I reinstalled it and it's still the same.
TMgevin

Post by TMgevin »

oscar1412 wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 04:15 Thank you for the interest you are showing in the problem of the surveillance manager but I contacted you by email and the response they indicated to me is to update to version 1.195, the version of the surveillance manager is 0.2.18 and as I indicated previously it worked for me In onvif mode, I have a terra master f4 423 with cough 1.195, I don't know what to do anymore, I deleted it, I reinstalled it and it's still the same.
According to your previous description, Surveillance Manager cannot work properly after the update. Since the application has been updated with many new features, the release notes in the application center also mention that the camera needs to be reconnected with the application and provide corresponding operations. you can also try the suggestions below.
1. Please use HTTP to access the application web page.
2. If you have not tried to uninstall the app, you can edit the camera, enter the camera account and password, and test the connection.
3. If you have tried uninstalling the app, you can check your ONVIF password, and retest the connection several times.
If the above suggestions still cannot help you solve the problem, Please contact the customer service window on the right side of the official website homepage we can arrange an engineer to assist you in remote troubleshooting.
oscar1412
Spain

Post by oscar1412 »

It seems a bit harsh to me that Terramaster lets people hang up, an app that worked, they update it and don't solve the problem, many engineers but they don't do anything, it's a shame that they leave you stranded, I'm going to return the product and I'm going to look for another brand Terra Master never again, disastrous technical support.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Thank you for your cooperation. The engineer is currently investigating. Please be patient and wait.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMgevin

Post by TMgevin »

{L_BUTTON_AT}oscar1412

Thank you for your cooperation, the problem has been solved for you.
1. Please do not uninstall and reinstall this application, and wait for our next update of the application version.
2. The onvif's username first letter is lower case, not upper case.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

{L_BUTTON_AT}oscar1412
TMgevin wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 20:57 2. The onvif's username first letter is lower case, not upper case.
Sorry, what does that mean. Surely WE set the user name?
TMgevin

Post by TMgevin »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Gremlin

It's just that the username provided is incorrect, there is no other meaning

Return to “Surveillance Manager”