New F2-212 Set Up - Slow Right Speeds

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
JohnS

New F2-212 Set Up - Slow Right Speeds

Post by JohnS »

Hi,
I've seen many posts about transfer speeds but nothing that really helps me. I have a new set up as follows:

F2-212
TOS 5.1.67
File service SMB
2x 3TB Western Digital RED WD30EFRX (5400rpm) RAID 1 config BTRFS

The issue is slow write speeds ~12MB/s (read speed is ~ 24MB/s

I'm new to this so apologies if you need more information. any help would be appreciated.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: New F2-212 Set Up - Slow Right Speeds

Post by TMzethar »

May I ask if RAID1 is synchronizing?
The RAID being synchronized will take up a lot of read and write performance. You can wait for the synchronization to complete before attempting again
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Hi, no it is not synchronising. Even if it is left overnight the transfer rate is still the same the following day.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

May I know how long has your RAID 1 from been setup? How do you your RAID 1 is not syncing?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

I recall seeing a message saying 'synchronising' that isn't there any more.
I have reinstalled the TOS system today this has doubled the speed, but I still think it should be quicker. Is there a way of reformatting the drives in situ and starting again?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

First of all, it doesn't seem to be a software issue, because we have exact model and software in our lab, the speed issue does not present. It is more like a networking or hardware issue, hardware defect, network issue or hard drive low respond. Please check your network connection or change a hard drive and try again.
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Thanks for the advice.

So today I connected the TNAS directly to a PC. Transfer speed now >100MB/s, I assume that rules out any of the hardware. So it looks like a network issue which I will investigate this weekend. I'm glad it's nothing to do with the NAS / Disks.

Return to “File Services”