GoodSync App Wanted

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
jackct923

GoodSync App Wanted

Post by jackct923 »

I've used the cloudsync app and find it to be in its infancy yet. I use the Goodsync applicaion on my computer to synce my NAS shares with my cloud service and that is more reliable and faster. Several other major NAS manufacturers have GoodSync as an application built into the list of apps available to install, except Terramaster. I would like to see Goodsync as an option, it is a better solution and works very well.
kampa67

Re: GoodSync App Wanted

Post by kampa67 »

Hello all,
I have successfully installed the Goodsync server app on TOS by following the Linux generic guide in the support section of the Goodsync website. The server works seamlessly and is quite fast. However, I am encountering an issue with getting the service script to start automatically upon system boot.

As of now, I have moved the startup script created in my home directory during installation to /etc/init.d. Anyway I still need to manually launch it. I attempted to start it using crontab trought ("crontab -e"), but the file gets automatically overwritten at every boot, rendering this approach ineffective. Unfortunately, rc.local doesn't exist in this system. I also tried creating a startup script in /etc/systemd/system/, but it didn't work either.

While I have some past experience with Linux, it has been a few years, and I find myself a bit perplexed. If you could provide guidance, it would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, if we manage to resolve this, it might be beneficial to create a small guide for integrating Goodsync into our system.

Thank you in advance
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}kampa67
You can set regular tasks directly on the TOS - Control Panel - Schedule Tasks page.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
kampa67

Post by kampa67 »

Thanks man, it works! ;)

Return to “New Features Wanted”