CloudSync 3.0 Release Notes

CloudSync is a cloud drive synchronization application for fast and secure data synchronization between your TNAS and cloud drives. It is a very practical and efficient one-stop cloud drive disaster recovery solution.
TMtina
TerraMaster Team

CloudSync 3.0 Release Notes

Post by TMtina »

Dear TerraMaster Users,

We appreciate your ongoing support and attention to the CloudSync application. We are pleased to announce that CloudSync 3.0 is now officially released! In order to provide you with a superior cloud drive synchronization experience, we have addressed and optimized the following issues based on your feedback in this new version.

Warning!
The CloudSync 3.0 version has undergone significant modifications compared to previous versions. This update is only applicable to CloudSync 2.4.x versions. If your current version does not meet this requirement, please do not update.

Updates include:
1. Updated file conflict resolution strategy.
2. Optimized stability of cloud drive connections.
3. Fixed the issue preventing connection when the pCloud account's data region is in the European Union.
4. Fixed decryption download errors in Baidu Cloud.

Notes:
1. After completing the update, it is necessary to clear your browser cache to ensure proper display.
2. If your CloudSync version is 2.2.x, you must manually uninstall the current version, then reinstall CloudSync 3.0 and manually recreate connections and tasks.
3. If, after updating to CloudSync 3.0 and clearing the browser cache, the connection and task pages still appear empty, you can retrieve the original connections and tasks by following these steps:
a. Download the CloudSync Migration Tools to your computer.
b. Upload and extract the CloudSync Migration Tools to the Volume1/public shared folder, then copy the four extracted files to the public root directory.

c. Log in to the SSH terminal and enter the command: cd /Volume1/public, then press Enter.
d. Enter the command: ls, then press Enter.
e. Check the version number of CloudSync before the update by entering the command: ./detect_v2_version_number.sh. If the output is v2.2, execute the following commands. If the output is v2.1, it is not possible to retrieve previously created connections and tasks, and you must manually recreate them.
f. Enter the command: ./v2dot2tov3_linux_amd64 -appRoot /usr/local/CloudSync, then press Enter.
g. Return to the browser, clear the browser cache, and refresh the TOS desktop.

We look forward to your feedback and suggestions. If you encounter any issues while using CloudSync, please feel free to contact us.
Forum: You can report problems in the "Applications and Clients -> CloudSync" section.
Email: support(at)terra-master.com

Sincerely,
TerraMaster Product Team
Yatta

Re: CloudSync 3.0 Release Notes

Post by Yatta »

I know, probably sylly question.....

On my Tnas F2-212 Tos 5.1.67-00068 CloudSync 2.4.26 I don't see update till now....

It's my first app update... pheraps I must do something....
I read that the updates are shown in app center. Am I simply wait more?
TNAS F2-212
TOS 5.1.67.00068
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Yatta

Terra-Master needs to do a better job of differentiating their ARM & ×86/×64 software versions.

This thread is about the current ×86/×64 software release, not about any ARM version.
Yatta

Post by Yatta »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Yatta
crisisacting wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 04:59 Terra-Master needs to do a better job of differentiating their ARM & ×86/×64 software versions. This thread is about the current ×86/×64 software release, not about any ARM version.
....sorry, I missed something, but I didn' see that this thread was talking only about a x86/64 CloudSync release... But, if so, I agree Terramaster need to do a better job to release its software for both architecture. After all, it sells products (also last products) running both architecture...
TNAS F2-212
TOS 5.1.67.00068
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

Yatta wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 05:59… sorry, I missed something, but I didn' see that this thread was talking only about a ×86/64 CloudSync release...

But, if so, I agree Terramaster need to do a better job to release its software for both architecture.
After all, it sells products (also last products) running both architecture…
The migration tool in the starting post is explicitly amd64, which is ×64; it would need to include aarch32/aarch64 for it to apply to ARM releases.

If you haven't noticed from their OS (especially regarding kernel updates, which is more the fault of RealTek than NAS device manufacturers) and some of these software update releases, the focus is primarily on ×86/×64, with eventual ARM releases (if any).
Yatta

Post by Yatta »

Ah, ok
I was wrong thinking that amd64 regarded only the migration tool, to use in case of problems described at point 3 of notes.

And yes, I had a suspicion that they are foicused on x86/x64 :D
I had a remote session with the developers about the pcloud european server connection problem.
CloudSync seems based on Rclone, so they make a connection (by command line) and reports that data in Cloudsync configuration.
I did again their steps on my pcloud account an now I'm using CloudSync 2.4.26 ARM version.
It' s for this reason I naively thought it was an update also for ARM... :roll:
TNAS F2-212
TOS 5.1.67.00068

Return to “CloudSync”