cannot initialize, stuck at "Initialization" page

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
mdf200

cannot initialize, stuck at "Initialization" page

Post by mdf200 »

I have just purchased a F2-210 and put 2x6TB drives in. however the drive boots up and just displays this:

Initialization
Only one LAN port can be connected during initialization!
Please keep your TNAS device connected to the Internet. Otherwise, you cannot install TOS online. You will need to download the TOS installation package from TerraMaster’s official website and install it manually.

Along with the IP address. I've tried removing the drives and rebooting, and it just boots up and says there are no drives. I then added the drives back in, and I get the same message above about Initialization. I've tried connecting with "TNAS PC" app and it detects the machine, but then just opens the webpage which says "Initialization...blah blah" as above.

I've tried connecting via putty, but as I've not been able to start, I've no idea what the root password is, as it says to use whatever one you've set, and I've not been able to set anything. I've no idea how I'd install TOS manually, as I can't login to anything - since I can't set any password...

Basically, I can't get past the initialization screen no matter what I try.

Any ideas on how to proceed?
Mike
mdf200

Re: cannot initialize, stuck at "Initialization" page

Post by mdf200 »

Never mind.... after much faffing, it's now progressed

May or may not have helped, but I booted up without the network cable, let it boot... then plugged it in, and a START button appeared at the bottom right.
TMqiky

Re: cannot initialize, stuck at "Initialization" page

Post by TMqiky »

Try again based on this link
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=516
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Initialization”