TOS 6 Insider Preview Program

Official announcements and latest news, awards from medias, and sucess stories.
davidecavestro

Re: TOS 6 Insider Preview Program

Post by davidecavestro »

lincsat wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 21:06 I still can't get the web server to work, does anyone have this working or is it just me?
I've installed it just to check. The settings window logs some unmanaged errors on the browser console, i.e.
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'version')
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'enable_web_server')
so I see no way to configure and activate it.
They could be related to the PHP version dropdown...
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}davidecavestro
If you have selected a shared folder outside of www, you can try editing the permissions for that shared folder. When editing permissions, select the system user and then give the webserver user read and write permissions.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}sirotkaslo
Which step did you fail when connecting? You need an administrator user who has used the camera to connect.
You can try enabling Virtualbox again, we have updated a version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
baf28

Post by baf28 »

Hello.

I have version TOS6 6.0.124 and a lot of things don't work. Not working: Transmission, VirtualBox, Plex, Docker

When will the update be released? How to put it? I sent feedback but didn't get a response when I plan to fix it.

Also, the widgets in the sidebar do not work in the Safari browser on MacOS, in other browsers on this platform and other widgets work correctly.
bretwashere

Post by bretwashere »

I signed up for the insider program on November 15, but yet I haven’t heard back from the initial “thank you for your submission” response email. I’m really confused, as I am a senior engineer by day, and I would consider myself a Debian Linux expert… but what do I know?

The sarcasm on my hand aside, how do I obtain the download link for TOS 6? I feel like I can offer a lot of contribution to the beta program with my knowledge set.
lsoto

Post by lsoto »

Just updated to 6.0.124
- email notifications are still not working
- scrub is still not working
I think both of them are important/essentials.

I think LogCenter does not work after the upgrade to 6.0.124

[ 2342.428121] audit: type=1400 audit(1702632114.056:3): lsm=SMACK fn=smack_socket_sock_rcv_skb action=denied subject="LogCenter" object="_" requested=w pid=11871 comm="LogCenter" saddr=127.0.0.1 src=52652 daddr=127.0.0.1 dest=5032 netif=lo

I will ran the scrub by hand and try to find the problem with the email server using ssh.
lincsat

Post by lincsat »

TMRyan wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 20:28 If you have selected a shared folder outside of www, you can try editing the permissions for that shared folder. When editing permissions, select the system user and then give the webserver user read and write permissions.
In my case, I have selected the WWW folder. Processes shows webserver as running but ports does not show it listening on the selected port
drakey83
United States of America

Post by drakey83 »

baf28 wrote: 15 Dec 2023, 01:42 Hello.

I have version TOS6 6.0.124 and a lot of things don't work. Not working: Transmission, VirtualBox, Plex, Docker

When will the update be released? How to put it? I sent feedback but didn't get a response when I plan to fix it.

Also, the widgets in the sidebar do not work in the Safari browser on MacOS, in other browsers on this platform and other widgets work correctly.
Dude, you never should of signed up for a beta program if you are going to be this impatient.
davidecavestro

Post by davidecavestro »

TMRyan wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 20:28 If you have selected a shared folder outside of www, you can try editing the permissions for that shared folder. When editing permissions, select the system user and then give the webserver user read and write permissions.
I've tried also with /Volume1/www and it fails the same way I've created a testOne subfolder: to modify permissions I've switched to the User Group dropdown and got on the browser console

Code: Select all

chunk-vendors.876926b9.js:14 TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'indexOf')
    at o.convertAcl (chunk-15a6c893.89156105.js:1:10053)
    at fn (chunk-15a6c893.89156105.js:1:1460)
    at n (chunk-vendors.876926b9.js:14:19417)
    at o.Yr [as _t] (chunk-vendors.876926b9.js:14:16644)
    at app.cb9d742e.js:1:313088
    at o.Hr [as _l] (chunk-vendors.876926b9.js:14:16211)
    at app.cb9d742e.js:1:312455
    at o.Hr [as _l] (chunk-vendors.876926b9.js:14:16211)
    at o.n (app.cb9d742e.js:1:311886)
    at Mt.e._render (chunk-vendors.876926b9.js:14:21961)
just wondering if this is due to some ACL changes I made months ago, though I'd say I removed them

Code: Select all

[myadmin@mynas ~]# getfacl /Volume1/www/
getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
# file: Volume1/www/
# owner: webserver
# group: myadmin
user::rwx
user:myadmin:rwx
user:webserver:rwx
group::rwx
group:myadmin:rwx
group:admin:rwx
group:media:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:myadmin:rwx
default:user:webserver:rwx
default:group::rwx
default:group:myadmin:rwx
default:group:admin:rwx
default:group:media:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

Why are any of you submitting bugs through this thread?

Their email literally says:
To report bugs, send a description, reproduction method, and screenshots to the email: pm<at>terra-master.com.
Unless they make this thread private for only preview participants (they obviously have not), you should be following their instructions.

Return to “News & Announcements”