TOS 6 Insider Preview Program

Official announcements and latest news, awards from medias, and sucess stories.
TMsupport6
TerraMaster Team

TOS 6 Insider Preview Program

Post by TMsupport6 »

After 1 year of full-scale research and development, TerraMaster new TOS 6 system gains more than 40 new features, 360 improvements. It is more secure and more user-friendly than previous TOS 5.

Now TerraMaster is recruiting the first batch of users worldwide with limited quantity to participate in the TOS 6 insider preview program. All registered participants will receive surprise gifts. Due to quota limitations, we can only pick some users from the applicants to participate in the first preview.
TOS6 Insider Preview Program.jpg
TOS6 Insider Preview Program.jpg (19.99 KiB) Viewed 53179 times

How to participate
1. Send an email to service@terra-master.com to apply to become a TOS 6 Insider Preview member.
2. Once you become an Insider member, you will receive a download link for the preview version of TOS 6 to install it and start exploring the new features.
3. Registration Deadline: November 22, 2023.
(In order to satisfy more users who want to purchase TerraMaster NAS products to participate in the TOS 6 insider preview, the registration deadline has been extended by one week to November 22 and the official announcement of the winners list will be postponed to December 7.)
4. Process: Registration>Qualification >Shortlist Announcement> Testing >Review and bug report;

Prizes
First prize: a brand new iPhone 15!
Second Prize: 3 units of TerraMaster latest NAS F2-212!
Third Prize: A $30 discount coupon from TerraMaster official store, available to all registered participants.

How to win prizes
Get active in the TOS 6 Insider Preview: You can provide feedback, report issues, and share your experiences and suggestions to increase your chances of winning prizes.
Join the TerraMaster TOS 6 Insider preview event to explore a new experience of future storage with users around the world, and have a chance to win fantastic prizes.
Note: Event details and rules may change, please visit the TerraMaster official website for the latest information and terms.

Important notes

Since the preview version belongs to the early version of the system, some features may have bugs or even not fully developed. In order to ensure your data security, you need to pay attention to the following requirements:

1. Have a TerraMaster x.86 TNAS device, such as 220 series, 221 series, 223series, 423 series, 420 series, 421 series, 422 series, 450 series;

2. Back up your data before installing the new system;

3. The preview version is not suitable for working or production environments. If your TNAS device is running business or storing important data, please do not participate in this program;

4. The TOS 6 installation package received is for personal testing only, please do not forward or share it with others.
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to your participation.

5. If the TerraMaster device you currently own does not meet the installation requirements of the latest TOS 6 version, but you particularly want to participate in this event, you can also choose to purchase a 223 or 423 series of the latest products, and we will provide you with 20% off, you can choose to purchase on our official Amazon platform or official website.

The list of winners is expected to be announced on the TerraMaster official website on November 30, 2023, and all participants in the internal testing activities will be notified by email.

TerraMaster Teams
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS 6 Insider Preview Program

Post by TMroy »

The TOS 6 test update package is expected to be released to users who have signed up for Insider Preview Program tomorrow. Please pay attention to your email for further instructions.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
davidecavestro

Post by davidecavestro »

So far so good: manually updated to 5.1.95, then to the TOS 6.0.108 preview... simply like a breeze.
To be noted that - before I manually updated - the automatic update of TOS still gave me the 5.1.67 as latest version.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your feedback! Remember to clear your web browser cache after the update.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
baf28

Post by baf28 »

I applied for the program, but I never received version 6. I have a 223 series device. It's a pity. It's not interesting at all. I'm very offended at you, I gave you reviews, made articles, advertised all over the country. I will no longer cooperate with you, look for other bloggers.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}baf28
Entitled much‽

It's literally stated as being a small group & you obviously didn't meet what they were looking for in a tester.
franco72

Post by franco72 »

F-4-423. The upgrade to TOS6 went without problems, the full cycle took 10 minutes in a configuration of four disks with a total volume of 64 terabytes (almost 70% occupied).

Even surprisingly, Docker started without reconfiguring applications.

Premium from Plex and Emby picked up without problems, Qbittorrent started, continuing to download everything from the stop.

No obvious jambs were found in the "Home Video Server" scenario.

Hardware acceleration works with Plex - converting from 4K HDR to 4 SDR is easy.

A slightly more fashionable interface with a more modern window animation.

The CPU load during the active download / distribution of two dozen torrents is lower than it was on the last TOS-5.1.95.

There is an old error from TOS 5 - the Emby shortcut on the desktop opens via port 8181 instead of 8096.

I've been using iOS 6 for three days now without any problems.
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

F2-221
  • Update from 5.1.31 to 5.1.95 no issues
  • Update from 5.1.95 to 6.0.108 no issues
  • all the running 3rd party apps start correctly after reboot
  • I found the interface animations a bit too slow, maybe an option to disable it or icrease the speed ?
mfinn999

Post by mfinn999 »

I was able to upgrade to 6.0.108 with no trouble. One thing I did notice is that the NVME is no longer showing as cache. It shows up under Hard drives correctly, but there is no cache volume and all the options are greyed out. Not a show stopper, just wondering is this is a known issue. I have not looked at it much yet, I am hoping to do that in the next couple days.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy

Just noticed that the email that was sent out by Joanne for the insider preview leaked participants' email address by not using BCC.

It's rather unfortunate that secure email etiquette wasn't followed.

Return to “News & Announcements”