Cloud Sync Very Slow

CloudSync is a cloud drive synchronization application for fast and secure data synchronization between your TNAS and cloud drives. It is a very practical and efficient one-stop cloud drive disaster recovery solution.
RWise232

Cloud Sync Very Slow

Post by RWise232 »

I have installed CloudSync (v2.4.25) on my F2-223 (TOS Version = 5.1.67-00214) and set it up to connect to my Google Drive account, this all appears to have connected fine so I then created a task to sync a folder of photos containing several thousand files of various sizes with a total size of 8GB. Again this created fine and started to transfer the files however this transfer is very slow, it has been several days since I started the initial task and the files still have not yet completed copying. When I look at the task progress the highest transfer speed I have seen so far is only 200 KiB/s with the lowest being 9 B/s. I have gone in to settings for the task and disabled the bandwidth limits but it made no difference to the speed. Is there any reason for this slow speed and is there anythging I can do to increase this speed?
TMcola
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Cloud Sync Very Slow

Post by TMcola »

{L_BUTTON_AT}RWise232
hello,please tell us what is the cloud disk and is the task still running? What is the transmission speed? It may take a long time to slow down. Can you export the job log and see if there are any errors.This might help us analyze the errors.
RWise232

Post by RWise232 »

The Cloud Disk is Google Drive and the task is still running. When looking at the log there are a few of the following errors (approx 215 errors out of almost 5000 lines of log entries:

Error of transmission! (<Folder/Filename>: Failed to copy: googleapi: Error 403: Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Queries' and limit 'Queries per minute' of service 'drive.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:253357308645'.)

I think the initial process has now completed and it is now going back to retry the failed uploads as some files identified as failed to copy in the log are now showing in Google Drive.

The current specified transfer speed is 589.574 KiB/s but I am not sure how accurate this count is or how often it is updated as the file it says it is currently on is about 14MB so at this quoted speed it should have been completed in around 30 secs but the same file has been showing in the Task summary panel for over 30 minutes now.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

You can try restarting the created task. Is your account still being backed up elsewhere? You can try disconnecting the backup from another location.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
aschang

Post by aschang »

Hello, did you manage your issue? I am experiencing exactly the same slow exchanges, even if a very strong configuration (12GO RAM, SSD for cache).
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

This is significantly different from the speed data we measured.
Perhaps small files are being transferred, you can observe the speed of transferring large files.
You can also try Google Drive on the PC to test if it is limited by network bandwidth or connection to the server.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mightymouse

Post by mightymouse »

Any updates to this? I am averaging 17KB/s upload to Google Drive which will take forever to sync 1.4TB! No issues like this with a test on Backblaze connection.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}mightymouse
This should be due to restrictions on Google Drive or poor connection between your location and Google servers.
If you try Google Drive PC, the same situation should also occur.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ego

Post by ego »

Same issue here, with an F2-221 and Google Drive.
And no, it's neither due to a Google Drive restriction nor to poor network isssue: it's just Terramaster.
So please, fix it.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}ego
We are trying to solve the speed issue.

Return to “CloudSync”