F5-221 Not Accessable Post Router Update

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
NzVanFan

F5-221 Not Accessable Post Router Update

Post by NzVanFan »

Hi,

I'm running an F5-221 and it's been running perfectly since purchase.

Recently I updated my TP-Link AX6000 Router to the latest firmware. Have done this several times without problem.

This time however, I can no longer access the NAS. I can't even see the NAS MAC Address listed within the router?

When I run TNAS PC it seemingly detects and everything looks like I recall it used to. I can't seem to do anything in there though ie, I click login and a browser window opens but it can't reach the NAS.

All the lights on the NAS look as they should. The Router seems to be working fine with everything else. I've turned the NAS on and off (front power button) a couple of times but no luck either.

Any clues? Was literally working and then it wasn't.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F5-221 Not Accessable Post Router Update

Post by TMroy »

Is the DHCP enabled in your new router?
What is the IP address showing in TNAS PC client? is this IP address within the same segment as your new router? It may be there is not a correct IP address assigned from your new router to your TNAS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
NzVanFan

Post by NzVanFan »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes - DCHP is enabled.
I have reserved the IP Address of the Router. The IP Address is within the IP range.

Looking at the Network Map in the router after I turn the NAS off (using the front button) and then on again, I can see it's there briefly and then disappears.

The router is the same router I had yesterday - only difference is the firmware update. The NAS is out of the way and doesn't get touched so struggling to see it being the result of anything at the NAS end.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

You have a TP-Link router. Do you have any TP-Link powerline adapters on your network? In some circumstances they can cause DHCP issues due to a default setting.

When you say "reserved ip address of router" - did you mean NAS?

When you reserve address, this should be outside of the dhcp pool.
e.g.

IP segment 192.168.1.0 - 255
DHCP pool 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.100
reserved sddresses 192.168.1.101 - etc.

The reservation being performed via MAC address. Make sure MAC address is accurate.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)

Return to “Network & Remote Access”