Unable to create Duple backup task

Duple Backup has powerful backup and restore functions, and is a disaster recovery tool designed to strengthen the data security of TNAS devices. To prevent data loss due to TNAS device hardware failure or system failure, through Duple Backup's intuitive user menu, you can back up important folders or iSCSI LUNs in TNAS to multiple destinations (such as remote TNAS devices, file servers, or cloud disks) ), and supports multiple backup strategies of incremental backup and multi-version backup. The backup and restore process is very simple and intuitive, and can quickly restore lost data in the event of a device failure.
sim667
Great Britain

Unable to create Duple backup task

Post by sim667 »

I'm trying to create a duple backup task to webdav remote server, and I can add the server and locations fine, I set the schedule for the backup and click complete, but at this point the last creation fails. Has anyone else had a similar problem to this?
TMtina
TerraMaster Team

Re: Unable to create Duple backup task

Post by TMtina »

Hello, your backup destination space may not be enough. The specific reason must be sent a log to be clear. Please send us a log to check.
sim667
Great Britain

Post by sim667 »

My destination space is much larger

Ill have a dig through the logs
sim667
Great Britain

Post by sim667 »

Can you tell me where I’d find the logs for duple please?
sim667
Great Britain

Post by sim667 »

I’m being silly. I found the log it’s in duple itself.

The log entry just says “Failed to add backup task. (task_1)”

During the attempt to create the task I can see the contents of my webdav when I select the destination for the save. So this seems to be an issue with actually creating the task on duple rather than anything to do with the setup of the remote server.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Yes, please provide the log information.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sim667
Great Britain

Post by sim667 »

Im unable to attach the log export to the forum as it doesn't recognise csv or txt files. I've attached it as a jpg, but you'll have to download and change the file extension i think....

I have noted that duple is creating the subfolder on the webdav server, its mainly a problem with saving the task.
sim667
Great Britain

Post by sim667 »

Scrap that, the attachment didn't work, how can I send the log to you?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

You can upload to the cloud drive and generate a sharing link. For privacy reasons, you can send a private chat, or send it to the customer service window on the official website homepage, or send it to the technical support email.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sim667
Great Britain

Post by sim667 »

I've sent it to you directly.

I also signed up for mega as that is a cloud drive that's available to set up directly in duple, but that doesn't work either..... So now I'm really not very happy at all.

Return to “Duple Backup”