Initialization

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Gavj

Initialization

Post by Gavj »

Hi All

I am a newbie to NAS an am pulling my hair out! I had a wd cloud duo and two 2tb wd hardrives. I have just got a terra master 221 and have started the setup process, I am now onto initialisation and have been for around 8 hours!! Problem is my webpage dropped out and now it won't ever get passed 11% and nothing else happens for hours. Can someone help me please
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Initialization

Post by TMSupport »

Could you advise the exact model number of your HDD? Please LLF (low level format) your HDDs on your computer first, and try the initialization again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gavj

Post by Gavj »

Hi

WD Red Has Drive Model no. WD30EFRX - 68EUZN0 3.0tb 64 mb cache.

The Nas is Terramaster F2 -221

Many thanks
gav
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

So did you try the LLF? Is it ok now?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Gavj wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 03:27 Hi All

I am a newbie to NAS an am pulling my hair out! I had a wd cloud duo and two 2tb wd hardrives. I have just got a terra master 221 and have started the setup process, I am now onto initialisation and have been for around 8 hours!! Problem is my webpage dropped out and now it won't ever get passed 11% and nothing else happens for hours. Can someone help me please
May I know which part can't pass 11%? is the TOS installation? or RAID formatting?
If it is the TOS installation, that could be network connection fails, you can try again later, or you can try the manual installation.
If it is the RAID formatting, that could be your faulty hard drive, you need to reformat your drive or replace it with a good healthy drive.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)

Return to “Initialization”