F2-223 - proxmox 8.0.4 - CPU pipe A FIFO underrun: transcoder

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
macos

F2-223 - proxmox 8.0.4 - CPU pipe A FIFO underrun: transcoder

Post by macos »

Hi everyone

I bought a F2-223.

I removed the internal USB that installs TOS.

I updated the bios to the version
01/09/2023

I mounted an nvme disk and installed proxmox updated to the latest version.

the nas lasted about 20 days then started disappearing every 24 hours from the network.

the only solution is to force shutdown and restart.

Now I have the video attached and I was able to see this error.

does anyone know what it could be??
Attachments
proxmox error.jpeg
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-223 - proxmox 8.0.4 - CPU pipe A FIFO underrun: transcoder

Post by TMRyan »

This error indicates that there was a FIFO underrun in the CPU pipe during a transcoding operation, where the transcoder was unable to provide enough data to the CPU in a timely manner.

There could be several possible causes and solutions for this issue:

1. Insufficient resources: Transcoding operations often require significant CPU resources. Ensure that your system meets the minimum hardware requirements for transcoding. If your system has limited resources, consider reducing the number of simultaneous transcoding tasks or upgrading your hardware to provide more computing power.

2. Configuration issues: Check the configuration files and parameter settings in Proxmox to ensure they match your hardware and transcoding requirements. Incorrect configuration of certain parameters can cause abnormal transcoding operations.

3. Software updates: Make sure your relevant software (such as the transcoder) is up to date. Developers frequently fix bugs and improve performance, so upgrading to the latest versions may resolve some known issues.

4. Log analysis: Carefully examine the logs of Proxmox and the transcoder to look for detailed information related to this error. The log files are typically located in the `/var/log` directory, and specifically, the `/var/log/syslog` and `/var/log/pveproxy.log` files may contain useful information.

If none of the above solutions resolve the issue, you may need to perform a more detailed analysis of your system and configuration or seek assistance from the Proxmox developers or support community. They may be able to provide more specific solutions to address the problem you're experiencing.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”