A Task Manager as promised

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
titan5

A Task Manager as promised

Post by titan5 »

@TmRoy:

I am in the process of moving files from my F5-221 to a D2-310 so I can try and reset and build the larger partition. I have started over again as the USB to USB through Windows was painfully slow. So as you suggested I have now connected the D2 directly to the F5. My TNAS timed out during the process and now when I log in I have no idea where in the process I am and apparently I have no way to view what is going on or stop the process.

Back in August of 2020 (TOS 4 maybe?) you mentioned a Task Manager was about to be rolled out so we can view and kill processes. See previous Forum post here: viewtopic.php?t=700

It has been three years since your promise, can you advise where this "Task Manager" feature is in TOS 5.0 so I can monitor the progress of this transfer?

--Bruce
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: A Task Manager as promised

Post by TMzethar »

You can update to the latest TOS5, where you can view the process through "Task Management" in "File Management"
If you are referring to other functions, please provide some additional descriptions
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titan5

Post by titan5 »

TMzethar wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 19:01 You can update to the latest TOS5, where you can view the process through "Task Management" in "File Management"
If you are referring to other functions, please provide some additional descriptions
Sadly I think the problem is I can't upgrade to the latest TOS 5 because my partition is too small. This is why I am moving files off my F5-221 in the first place.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Sorry, in this case, perhaps you can only roughly judge the progress by observing the space occupied.
Please log in to SSH,viewtopic.php?f=78&t=2350
Then enter:

Code: Select all

df - h
or

Code: Select all

du - sh directory
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “New Features Wanted”