Transmission - Change Download Folder

Transmission, qBittorrent, Aria 2 download applications
RWise232

Transmission - Change Download Folder

Post by RWise232 »

In Transmission (downloaded and installed from the App Centre) is it possible to change the 'Default path to download torrents' folder to another folder on the same volume? The dropdown currently only has one option (/Volume1/Transmission) but I want to change it so it uses '/Volume1/OtherFolder' instead but this folder is not shown in the list and the field will not let me change it manually.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Transmission - Change Download Folder

Post by TMzethar »

The directory permissions of transferson are consistent with the "media" user group
Please go to Control Panel - User Group, edit the "media", and allow "media" to have read and write permissions to the target directory.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
RWise232

Post by RWise232 »

I have given read/write permissions to the target folder in the media user group properties but the folder still does not show up in the dropdown list in the Transmission settings (see below images, folder names have been hidden but the highlighted folder is the one I am trying to add) do I need to do anything to refresh the list or am I missing something obvious (the NAS has been restarted since making this change):

RWise232

Post by RWise232 »

Insert Image doesn't appear to be working so the URL's to the images are:

https://ibb.co/LgzXgpH

https://ibb.co/j5DwWV6
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

We have confirmed the relevant issue. Sorry, the download directory cannot be changed at the moment. We are still trying
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Download”