Folders not visible ->> Restore Shared Folders

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
koalakoala

Folders not visible ->> Restore Shared Folders

Post by koalakoala »

Hi. Just came back from Holidays to find my Terramaster was updated.
I can not see some of the folders, and tried this guide viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3003 ("Please go to Control Panel> Shared Folder> Advanced Setting, restore shared folders to volume 1" which restored at least one folder from my volume 3, but I have the feeling I am missing more folders.

Tried to create a new folder called "Work-3" and it says it cannot be created because a folder with that name already exist.

Questions.
1. Do I have an alternative if "Control Panel> Shared Folder> Advanced Setting" does not work
2. How can I be sure I am seeing all the folders?

Thanks - Cheers
F5-221
T12-450
koalakoala

Re: Folders not visible ->> Restore Shared Folders

Post by koalakoala »

Just noticed I can see the folder through Windows Explorer but I can not access it .." Is not accessible... A device attached to the system is not functioning")
F5-221
T12-450
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

You can first check whether the volume display of the control panel volume module is normal. You can select a volume and click on the top right corner to view the usage details of the volume. If there is a folder with the same name, you can try modifying the shared folder name. When you create a new shared folder, the name you set cannot be the same as your user name or user group name.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
koalakoala

Post by koalakoala »

Thanks.

"Work-5" (in volume 3 is not visible in the graphs from terramaster)
work-5.png
work-5.png (12.69 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
volumen 3.png
volumen 3.png (13.67 KiB) Viewed 1193 times

BUT - the systems recognise a folder with a similar name already exists in volume 3
new folder.jpg
new folder.jpg (20.57 KiB) Viewed 1193 times

Appreciate any help.
Thanks!!
F5-221
T12-450
koalakoala

Post by koalakoala »

Just noticed. The missing folder "work-5" is also visible through Plex (If I try to add folders to a library)
F5-221
T12-450
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

1. TOS does not have auto-update feature, how did you update your TOS to TOS 5/5.1?
2. What is your model number?
3. Actually I have found that not only work-5 folder, but also the whole volume 1 is missing.
4. As I can see, your system should be a very old version, if you do not follow the correct update route, the system could work improperly. what is your previous TOS version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
koalakoala

Post by koalakoala »

Hi Roy. Thanks for your reply

1a. Current TOS is 5.1.67-00214 Upgraded from 5.0 to 5.1 at the beginning of the year (approximately). When I did this, I lost a complete hard drive (14tb). Contacted support and they managed to access my HDD through a TeamViewer or remote session. They said the HDD was unrecoverable by them I suggested finding professional/external support.
1b. About the "auto-update", that was my initial assumption. I was not here and lost connection to the NAS for a period of time. It seems it was a connectivity (internet) issue. What I have, is the option to "Automatically check and download updates"

2. Model is F5-221

3. Volume 1 is accesible. If your comment is based on the screenshot provided below is because I sort the folders by name and not volume.

4a. My understanding is the system is the latest version.

Thanks again.

Screenshot 2023-10-08 110435.png
F5-221
T12-450
koalakoala

Post by koalakoala »

Folder is still unaccessible. Can not manage permissions through TerraMaster because is not visible.even though windows explorer and plex can see it.
F5-221
T12-450
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Hi, you seem unwilling to provide the information we want to know, which is not conducive to our judgment of the problem. Therefore, we can only provide some vague suggestions.
This may be related to the issuse:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4912
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
koalakoala

Post by koalakoala »

Which information would you like to know?
F5-221
T12-450

Return to “File Services”