TNAS F4-210 Not Even Beeping

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
Zyekad

TNAS F4-210 Not Even Beeping

Post by Zyekad »

I have two of the F4-210's that I purchased about 2 years ago and really liked them. One had 4 Seagate 8 TB drives, and the other had 4 Ironwolf 14 TB Drives.

I used these for about 8 months then decided to use them for backup purposes since I changed jobs and didn't need all this storage accessible on a daily basis. At that point, around 16 months ago, I put data on them, unplugged them, and put them in a closet for storage. I just went to get data off them and the one unit works perfectly, but the second unit can't be recognized.

For the unit not working:

When I plug it in and turn it on all the lights on the front go on normally (just like the working unit). The unit beeps as the power cord is plugged in, but never beeps again when it should be discoverable and booted up. This unit also does not show up in the TNAS PC app. The IP's are on the correct subnet (192.168.1.50 and 192.168.1.51 for the two units) from when they were set up in the past. The one with .50 works fine, but the one with .51 isn't being detected at all and appears to have possibly died.

I do notice on the back by the network cable and power cord the working one shows a yellow light on top, and green flashing on the bottom. On the non-working unit it just shows a single solid green light on the bottom (the lan light - not flashing even though connected to the network - just solid green) and there is no light at all on top.

How can I recover from this? I can't reinstall any software when the unit isn't even being detected by TNAS PC, and while all the lights are correct on the front of the unit (and match the working unit) the one that isn't working does nothing and only has a single solid green light on the back.

HELP!!!
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: TNAS F4-210 Not Even Beeping

Post by TMzethar »

It may be a poor contact. Please try to clean the dust and re-plug the hard drive and try again.
If you still cannot start TNAS normally, please shut down TNAS and try to remove the hard drive and start TNAS without installing the hard drive. At this time, can you search it through TNAS PC and open the initialization page? If you can successfully search and open the initialization page, you can try to reinstall TOS:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”