TOS 6 is Getting Closer to You...

Official announcements and latest news, awards from medias, and sucess stories.
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: TOS 6 is getting closer to you...

Post by sianderson »

TMroy wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 13:03
To update to TOS 6, your TNAS needs to meet minimum requirements, or your update will be stopped.
new hardware then, since F2-210 are still unable to update to TOS5 without buying new hardware
F2-210

Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

sianderson wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 02:44
TMroy wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 13:03
To update to TOS 6, your TNAS needs to meet minimum requirements, or your update will be stopped.
new hardware then, since F2-210 are still unable to update to TOS5 without buying new hardware
Just like Windows :(
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

Gremlin wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 05:06 Just like Windows :(
you can still buy brand new F2-210 though, if this model was an old legacy one i can understand that comment that things have to move on

its like microsoft selling a brand new computer but saying it wont run windows 11
F2-210

titan5

Re: TOS 6 is Getting Closer to You...

Post by titan5 »

How about before you spend 6-8 months teasing about a new TOS 6.0, you resolve the issues currently facing your users for over a year now with TOS 5.0?
  • Flakey unreliable updates
    Unusable updates (new larger partition size requirements)
    Terra Photos not working
    Terra Sync & Sync Client for Android or Windows not available
    Surveillance Manager limited
    Cloudsync
    Long wait for Plex Media Server resolution
At this time, my fancy F5-221 NAS is just a fancy 32TB external hard drive.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

titan5 wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 11:10
What did you mean Flakey unreliable updates? did you mean bugs? would you give me a example?
And for sure, there will be a minimum update requirement, when the update release, we will make a note for that.
About Terra photo, TerraSync, plex, Surveillance, cloudsync, all of these are apps, They are not included in TOS, you just need to wait for the app update.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
norman0
Germany

Post by norman0 »

Will the update be possible with the F2-220 (8Gb system partition)?
F2-220 4GB + 2*Seagate IronWolf 4TB
titan5

Post by titan5 »

TMroy wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 18:19
titan5 wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 11:10
What did you mean Flakey unreliable updates? did you mean bugs? would you give me a example?
And for sure, there will be a minimum update requirement, when the update release, we will make a note for that.
About Terra photo, TerraSync, plex, Surveillance, cloudsync, all of these are apps, They are not included in TOS, you just need to wait for the app update.
hello TMroy,
Yes I mean the the bugs, you rolled out TOS 5 after months and months of teasers and once you did, it create month and months of problems with each update creating more issues.
You roll out a partition size requirement for future updates and the only way for current users to use the new update at this time is to back-up all their data and re-install TOS then reload the data, how is this convenient?
You push the marketing for all these great apps that can be used with your product but fail to provide timely updates to the apps so they can actually work. If you don't have the apps available and working yet, then don't tell prospective buyers that these apps are available.

Which is my exact point, how about before you start the TOS6.0 hype, you get all your promoted apps functioning on TOS5.0 first?

At this time, most of your apps should have a * next to them that says either not available yet, or does not function as advertised.
ERESEN
Great Britain

Post by ERESEN »

We are waiting with excitement. Happy to do Alpha testing.

Kind Regards
Eresen :D
Kind regards
O.T.Eresen
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

titan5 wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 02:04 At this time, most of your apps should have a * next to them that says either not available yet, or does not function as advertised.
If you are all fine with your current TOS version, just keep using it, why do you need to update? You do not need TOS 5, even TOS 6.

Which app is not available exactly? all the apps you mentioned are available. I just checked all your posts, most of your posts were created in 2021 and 2022, the most of the issues you feedback were about plex, the plex app is developed by plex, so you need to report to plex if you have any issues.

And which app does not function as advertised? what are the advertised functions exactly? which function does not work? Give me an exact example.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titan5

Post by titan5 »

TMroy wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 09:37
titan5 wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 02:04 At this time, most of your apps should have a * next to them that says either not available yet, or does not function as advertised.
If you are all fine with your current TOS version, just keep using it, why do you need to update? You do not need TOS 5, even TOS 6.

Which app is not available exactly? all the apps you mentioned are available. I just checked all your posts, most of your posts were created in 2021 and 2022, the most of the issues you feedback were about plex, the plex app is developed by plex, so you need to report to plex if you have any issues.

And which app does not function as advertised? what are the advertised functions exactly? which function does not work? Give me an exact example.
Hello TMroy,

I stopped posting on the forum because my queries were not getting answered and I gave up trying to get my NAS functioning. I have basically left it alone hoping that Terramaster would eventually get things working and I would not have to be afraid of doing any updates to fix issues.

As an example, perhaps you could point me in the right direction for the Windows or Android client to sync with the the NAS as explained on the Terramaster website?

I would like my windows laptop, PC and android phone to sync to the NAS.

If you read my posts about Plex you will see I was one of your users that provided a solution via links to the Plex website.

I am now backing up all the data on my TOS 5.1.24 NAS so I can re-partition and reload TOS 5.1.67 hoping it will work properly and I do not have to return to a previous TOS to get my NAS working.

Return to “News & Announcements”