TOS 6 is Getting Closer to You...

Official announcements and latest news, awards from medias, and sucess stories.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS 6 is Getting Closer to You...

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titan5

The TerraSync client for windows does delay quite a long time from our schedule, we are sorry about that. But what does this have to do with the advertised function? TerraSync is not a promised feature when you purchase TNAS, nor is it part of the service you purchased.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
REBELinBLUE

Post by REBELinBLUE »

and yet you've still not released TOS 5 for ARM machines
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

REBELinBLUE wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 03:21 and yet you've still not released TOS 5 for ARM machines
For months now, they have released TOS 5.1.× for ARM, however currently only for newer 211 (F2, F4 & U4) & newest 212 (F2, F4 & U4) ARM A55 based series devices, which feature a newer SoC.

---

Including today, it's been 470 days since there has been any publicly communicated update to this statement:
TMroy wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 17:53 As of now, TerraMaster has not officially confirmed that the 210 ARM series products cannot be updated to TOS 5. We're developing TOS 5 on a brand new ARM platform, and when it's done, we'll try to port it to the 210 series if possible. …
At this point, it would be best for Terra-Master to acknowledge that it isn't going to happen, if that's indeed the case in its internal development of that attempted backport.

Offering a nominal/percentage discount to customers of the presumed end of life 210 series devices would be a great gesture if Terra-Master wants to attempt to retain any of them (validate it by making the offer available through the web interface for those with remote support enabled, through an app install, or via serial number entry on their public site).
titan5

Post by titan5 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titan5
TMroy wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 22:30 The TerraSync client for windows does delay quite a long time from our schedule, we are sorry about that. But what does this have to do with the advertised function? TerraSync is not a promised feature when you purchase TNAS, nor is it part of the service you purchased.
This is on your website, it promotes Terrasync as an app / feature available to Terramaster owners an includes the windows and android clients: https://www.terra-master.com/us/terrasync/ So yes Terramaster did and does continue to advertise this as a function/feature of the product.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

TMroy wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 17:29
Tricky wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 15:53 Here we go again! Only just updated to the last one which needed a full system reset just to accommodate the 2gig partition, and now It's going to take the same again if we want to update, and I have not noticed any real advantage anyway. :roll:
With 2GB partition, you better stick on 4.2.x/5.0.x, DO NOT even update to 5.1.
Why would you say that? I have just done a full system update to accommodate a 2gig partition, so I could run the latest firmware and already run the 5.1 for some time?

What is the point of TOS 6 then? Are you planning to discontinue support for the older machines?
ERESEN
Great Britain

Post by ERESEN »

Bug Fixes!
Kind regards
O.T.Eresen
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Tricky wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 20:46
TMroy wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 17:29
Tricky wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 15:53 Here we go again! Only just updated to the last one which needed a full system reset just to accommodate the 2gig partition, and now It's going to take the same again if we want to update, and I have not noticed any real advantage anyway. :roll:
With 2GB partition, you better stick on 4.2.x/5.0.x, DO NOT even update to 5.1.
Why would you say that? I have just done a full system update to accommodate a 2gig partition, so I could run the latest firmware and already run the 5.1 for some time?

What is the point of TOS 6 then? Are you planning to discontinue support for the older machines?
We have not been informed about this at this moment.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy

Hi Roy,

I trust you and the team at TM are keeping well?
I like to drop in now and again to see whats happening with Terramaster, it's good to read that TOS 6.0 is planned. With Amazon prime day approaching, I feel the need to dip my toe back into the TM pool.

I can see some criticism and, as a Synology and Qnap user, things are much the same over this side of the fence. These NAS boxes get more complex, are asked to do more things and criminals love to attack them. But despite my past criticism about some issues, I always thought the hardware was very competitive, and the software team and guys like Roy were obviously enthusiastic about making TM a top flight NAS provider, and even the longest journey starts with a destination in mind and a single first step. So I hope TM get there.

Ok so I am looking for a 4 bay, Intel CPU, (or AMD if one exists), 2.5Gbe port, probably 4 core, with 4GB RAM (expandable), mainly for Plex, and accessing data remotely. (I'll probably VPN into the network). What do you recommend.

And what new features can we expect with TOS 6.0? Don't be a tease, give us some clues.
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
bretwashere

Post by bretwashere »

I have the somewhat newly released F2-223 (2 bays, Intel CPU, 2.5gbs Ethernet adapters times 2). They have a 4 bay version called the F2-423 that may work well with you. I’m not a fan of the arm based TM NAS’ due to the lack of features in the operating system of TOS 4, as well as the compiled applications from the community page are mostly x86–64.

I agree with you, I looked at other devices and their hardware is not equal with TMs hardware on their NAS. I believe the Synology NAS that was supposed to be equal to the F2–223 line had half the ram that the F2-223 has.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

bretwashere wrote: 10 Oct 2023, 14:18 … They have a 4 bay version called the F2-423 that may work well with you.
The 4 Bay version of your 223 would be the F4-223 @ https://www.terra-master.com/global/f4-223.html

The 423 device series, you referred to, has exactly the same specifications, except it has a quad-core 15 Watt N5095 SoC versus the dual-core 10 Watt N4505 SoC in the 223 device series.

The 4 Bay version of the 423 would be the F4-423 @ https://www.terra-master.com/global/f4-423.html

Return to “News & Announcements”