TOS 6 is Getting Closer to You...

Official announcements and latest news, awards from medias, and sucess stories.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS 6 is Getting Closer to You...

Post by TMroy »

Make your post in the correct forum. Your thread here will be deleted soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titan5

Post by titan5 »

TMroy wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 10:21 Make your post in the correct forum. Your thread here will be deleted soon.
Sorry TMroy, could you tell me which of the numerous threads this should be posted in? Or how about you make this simple and just supply and answer? It is kind of a relevant question as it has to do with previous Terramaster commitments that seem to be unfilled while a new TOS is rolled out.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Hi, if you don't know where to express yourself, you can create a new topic post in the appropriate section.
Please don't continue to mention irrelevant issues.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mmick

Post by mmick »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy
Charlie_Croker wrote: 10 Oct 2023, 01:25 Ok so I am looking for a 4 bay, Intel CPU, (or AMD if one exists), 2.5Gbe port, probably 4 core, with 4GB RAM (expandable), mainly for Plex, and accessing data remotely. (I'll probably VPN into the network). What do you recommend. And what new features can we expect with TOS 6.0? Don't be a tease, give us some clues.
I have the Terramaster F4-423 (Intel based) and I´m VERY happy with the device: - virtualization is possible - quiet & powerfull (and I have no SSD) - USB 3.0 is plenty fast (I make backups from 10 Gbps SSDs to the NAS and it is very fast. I imagine it uses a 5 Gbps USB and even so, my HDD drivers are probably no so fast anyone. If I had to guess, around 400 Megabyte/s) - TNAS android app works very well, though the UI it´s not the best IMHO Despite the app development (virtualization app update, terrasync app, etc) is slow, I must say that the TOS and Apps are very stable, so I imagine the team works slow...but well. I can strongly recommend these NAS. Nevertheless, I wouldn´t buy an ARM one, unless you just want a simple NAS. But for power, ATM you have to go Intel. TERRAMASTER TEAM: please add the HDMI function to virtualization and to TOS, it would be fantastic! I want to install a Linux Mediaplayer or KODI and as the chip has a good media engine and good HDMI, it would be awesome to be able to connect it directly to a monitor or tv.
davidecavestro

Post by davidecavestro »

My usage of TOS5 is almost related to containerized workloads, and it works fine.
So please consider also this use case (certainly not widespread)
Just to give you an idea, I simply place containers using docker compose, so I use the docker app just for the engine.
Any container runtime would be fine, but the key point is having full control using versioned configuration files.
ALso having cgroups2 would be great :-)
baf28

Re: TOS 6 становится ближе к вам...

Post by baf28 »

Please add a free certificate. Without this function, the NAS is useless. *** add a free certificate and automatically renew it.
philh

Post by philh »

There seems to be already an info page about TOS 6: https://www.terra-master.com/uk/tos6/

Features include
  • Linux 6.1 LTS
  • A New “Start” Menu
  • New Dashboard
  • Independent Choice of System Disk
  • Personalized Visual Style
etc
ostaporomo
Finland

Post by ostaporomo »

When is the expected release?
TNAS F2-223
TOS 5.1.79-00214
2x RAM Samsung 16GB DDR4 2133 MHZ
2x HDD Segate IronWolf ST4000VN008 4TB [RAID1]
DAS D4-300
2x HDD Seagate SkyHawk ST3000VX010  [RAID1]
2x HDD Toshiba DT01 DT01ACA300-3TB
ERESEN
Great Britain

Post by ERESEN »

Someone has to Alpha and Beta test it first. I am happy to do it. :)
Kind regards
O.T.Eresen
Cybster1890

Post by Cybster1890 »

The TOS 6 page doesn't mention anything in particular about improvements with the firewall setup options, any mod want to chip in this matter? Is it something that has also been reworked / improved in this version?

Return to “News & Announcements”