TOS 6 is Getting Closer to You...

Official announcements and latest news, awards from medias, and sucess stories.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS 6 is Getting Closer to You...

Post by TMroy »

yotatoy wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 10:50 The real win for TOS 6 would be a seamless update process and installer that has ability to resize system partition. Way to much headache to go from 5.0 to 5.1 with the 2GB to 8GB change.
With a 2GB system partition, your TNAS will not be able to update to TOS 6, the pre-update check will fail.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS 6 is getting closer to you...

Post by TMroy »

crisisacting wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 12:38 Like other recent TOS releases, this will use the current LTS build of the Linux kernel, correct? TOS 6 should be based off Linux LTS kernel 6.1.×?
Not able to tell you such details at this moment, sorry.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMroy wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 13:11 Not able to tell you such details at this moment, sorry.
Pre-announcing products & software with no timeline and no compatibility information is very risky play for business.
By doing so, you may want to have your existing community feeling engaged by such teaser, fine.

Now, imagine I'm a prospect buyer, pondering which product to buy, and thinking about how-long my product will be supported: will such teaser with no timeline and no baseline requirements be an incentive to buy my new product now?..... Noooooo
I won't want to buy now a product that may not be supported on 6.x: I'd rather wait or buy somewhere else.
Basically such preliminary teaser is likely to adversely affect TM short-term revenue.

Now you've ran that teaser route, you'd need to quickly give some more insights (and then timely deliver on promises), for customers to draw favourable conclusions and buying decisions.
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Here we go again! Only just updated to the last one which needed a full system reset just to accommodate the 2gig partition, and now It's going to take the same again if we want to update, and I have not noticed any real advantage anyway. :roll:
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

macmpi wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 15:33
TMroy wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 13:11 Not able to tell you such details at this moment, sorry.
Pre-announcing products & software with no timeline and no compatibility information is very risky play for business.
By doing so, you may want to have your existing community feeling engaged by such teaser, fine.

Now, imagine I'm a prospect buyer, pondering which product to buy, and thinking about how-long my product will be supported: will such teaser with no timeline and no baseline requirements be an incentive to buy my new product now?..... Noooooo
I won't want to buy now a product that may not be supported on 6.x: I'd rather wait or buy somewhere else.
Basically such preliminary teaser is likely to adversely affect TM short-term revenue.

Now you've ran that teaser route, you'd need to quickly give some more insights (and then timely deliver on promises), for customers to draw favourable conclusions and buying decisions.
No, no, no..., I can't tell you now. You will know such details when we are ready to tell. hahaha...
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Tricky wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 15:53 Here we go again! Only just updated to the last one which needed a full system reset just to accommodate the 2gig partition, and now It's going to take the same again if we want to update, and I have not noticed any real advantage anyway. :roll:
With 2GB partition, you better stick on 4.2.x/5.0.x, DO NOT even update to 5.1.
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMroy wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 17:19 No, no, no..., I can't tell you now. You will know such details when we are ready to tell. hahaha...
:shock: Not a game here.
You may also let us know when you are ready to get our money then...though it might likely be too late.
TerraMaster F2-210 under TOS 4.2.43, RAID1, Btrfs, serving Mac, Linux & Windows clients
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

macmpi wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 17:38
TMroy wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 17:19 No, no, no..., I can't tell you now. You will know such details when we are ready to tell. hahaha...
:shock: Not a game here.
You may also let us know when you are ready to get our money then...though it might likely be too late.
Not now.
macmpi

Post by macmpi »

TMroy wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 17:49
macmpi wrote: 15 Sep 2023, 17:38 You may also let us know when you are ready to get our money then...though it might likely be too late.
Not now.
:roll: Amazing to read TM recommands not to buy products right now, and rather wait.
Guess many will consider that, and follow such guideline: good luck!...
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

Consider to update Glibc version to at least 2.28
Vers 2.21 include in TOS 5.1 is almost 8 years old.

Return to “News & Announcements”