AI Facial recognition as an Admin function?

TerraMaster smart photo management tool
bidmead
Great Britain

AI Facial recognition as an Admin function?

Post by bidmead »

It seems that individual users with only the privileges necessary to use Terra Photo each have control over whether AI facial recognition is running. The surprise is that each individual seems to be able to turn AI facial recognition on or off for everybody else.

Am I'm right about this? I'd be grateful for confirmation. It would be nice, of course, for individuals to decide whether their own set of photos get processed. But if AI facial recognition is a system-wide function, shouldn't it be under the sole control of admin?

--
Chris
bidmead
Great Britain

Re: AI Facial recognition as an Admin function?

Post by bidmead »

I'm also finding it hard to understand what AI Facial recognition is actually doing. I've been running it on a modest set of twenty photos in the personal space of a non-admin user for the past couple of days. The system warns that the process will be slow, but I'm a little surprised that I've seen no results yet.

I am rather more surprised to find that the administrator seems to have no access to logs about the process and that other than the message in Terra Photos/People that "The AI Intelligent recognition is in progress… please wait!" there is no progress percentage indication.

Media indexing gives me emails and alerts telling me when it starts and finishes. There seems to be no equivalent messaging for AI Facial recognition.

I'm looking for some way to learn more about what is going on. Can anybody help?

--
Chris
TMqiky

Post by TMqiky »

Try putting more photos of the person in question into your personal space, then contact the administrator to restart the app, rebuild the index, and turn on face recognition again.
At present, TerraPhotos settings module does not distinguish between different users, ordinary users can also turn off the face recognition function, turn off the face recognition does not affect the existing character module data.We will continue to optimize this issue in our labs, so please be patient and wait for the new version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMeric
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMeric »

Thank you for your attention. The function of enabling AI face recognition will be a global configuration that only administrator users have permission to do. We will optimize it in the next version.

Return to “Terra Photos”