TNAS mobile 3.2.25 for iOS Officially Launched

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
bretwashere

Re: TNAS mobile 3.2.25 for iOS Officially Launched

Post by bretwashere »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bretwashere
TMtina wrote: 09 Oct 2023, 18:40 Hello, I'm sorry that I don't quite understand what "it just locks up and doesn't transmit the files" means. Can you describe it more clearly? What is your iOS and TNAS mobile 3 version? I can find the problem as quickly as possible if you can record your problem and send it to us! Our email is: support(at)terra-master.com
Okay, here is my bug report: When I removed the old TNAS Mobile app and install TNAS Mobile v3, I am no longer allowed to backup videos; only pictures. It doesn’t matter what file extension the video is. The following is my OOBE experience with the TNAS Mobile v3:
  • Power on my F2-223 and boot to TNAS 5.1.103
  • Load TNAS Mobile 3 and authenticate to the IP addr of the NAS (On-LAN connection)
  • For “Phone Backup” I changed the backup path backup to a static directory (/backups/MobileBackup), and turn off all the toggles (Automatically back up photos… , Only backup on Wi-Fi ,
  • Automatically pause when battery is < or = to 20%)
  • Manually start the backup
Following these steps, the files begin to backup, starting with all image file types first. Once all the pictures are backed up, TNAS Mobile 3 attempts to upload video files to the backup path, and this is where my issues start. When attempting to upload any video file, the back function of TNAS 3 no longer works as expected by hanging/freezing on the first video file. If I start a new backup session, generally the first video file TNAS attempts to backup changes with each time I start the backup. The video files does not showed as failed, it just hangs. I have attempted deleting and reinstalling TNAS Mobile 3, deleting the mobile app cache, reset the iOS album sharing permissions with TNAS Mobile, and inspected logs. In the log, I see several instances of this for video files:

Code: Select all

Start uploadFile:
FileName:  IMG_0537-1.MOV 
Url:  https://REDACTED.us.tnas.link/v2/fileManage/fileUpload
Date:2024-01-03 23:12:30

UploadFile failure:
FileName:  IMG_0537-1.MOV
ErrorCode:  -1200 
Url:  https://REDACTED.us.tnas.link/v2/fileManage/fileUpload
Date:2024-01-03 23:12:30
Please let me know if this is an enough detail for you. If you need me to do anything on my end for testing or implementing a solution, please let me know. This back up issue is driving me crazy, because I do want to backup my videos using the phone back up feature of the mobile app. Thank you.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bretwashere
Hi,
We now understand the phenomenon you are expressing.
We can see from the log that when TNAS mobile 3 transmits videos, it still passes through the TNAS. online server and is not directly transmitted to TNAS.
You can check the Connection type (green font) in the Settings of TNAS mobile 3.
If the Connection type is not a LAN IP, please try logging out and logging back in to have it reconnect as a LAN IP.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Squally

Post by Squally »

Hi

Two questions

- IS there a plan to have a iPad version of this version? The TNAS 2.X was really usefull on the iPad
- I use VPN SSL to remotly connect to my nas, but i cannot connect with version 3 (it was working with the 2) Is the app need a L2 (in the same IP Subnet) to work?

Thanks

Return to “Update Notice”