F4-210 disks not spinning up and boot loop

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
iggyboo

F4-210 disks not spinning up and boot loop

Post by iggyboo »

Purchased a F4-210 NAS slightly over 2years ago (Mar 2021) and I haven't had any issues with it until recently. Today I couldn't get to the NAS shares so I tried to go the the web admin page and it had a screen saying "no disks inserted" and when I went to it I didn't hear them spinning like normal.

The system will not spin up my disks. I attempted to remove them all and then just put in a spare 2.5 laptop drive and it won't even spin up (in case of too much power draw or something). I checked the power supply and it shows 12v. The system will startup, fans will spin, then beep and reboot. I didn't hear the disk spin at all. Then If I leave the disks out it will just beep and restart.

Is there anything else I can try? Pretty frustrating when it's just 6months past the 2year warranty.

Thanks!
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: F4-210 disks not spinning up and boot loop

Post by TMzethar »

From your description, it seems that TNAS no longer recognizes your hard drive, and it remains to be confirmed whether the problem is with the hard drive or TNAS hardware. As for the laptop hard drive you put in, if it has not been formatted by TOS, it will not be directly used by TNAS. As for the specific situation, please contact the technical support email or the customer service window in the lower right corner of the official website homepage, and we can arrange an engineer to remotely check the specific situation for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
iggyboo

Re: F4-210 disks not spinning up and boot loop

Post by iggyboo »

Looks like it was the power adapter either going bad or the 6A was not enough for it. I purchased a new 12v 8A adapter and it's spinning up as it was.

Thanks!

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”