TD2 Issue on Mac Studio Ventura

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
laurentwild

TD2 Issue on Mac Studio Ventura

Post by laurentwild »

Hello,

I've been having an issue with my Mac Studio and my TD2 for some time now. When I turn on the Mac, the hard drives appear and work. However, after a few seconds/minutes, I can't access the directories (of both the TD2 and the Mac). The finder crashes (the spinning wheel appears) and I can't do anything. If I unplug the TD2, the Mac finder works normally again.

Is there a fix for this? (new driver)

Thank you in advance.

PS: I've looked on the forum but I don't think I've seen a similar issue.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: TD2 Issue on Mac Studio Ventura

Post by TMzethar »

1. Please use the hard disk tool to check whether there is any problem with the hard disk.
2. You can refer to the instructions to turn off the random sleep setting of your mac and try again:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3840
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
laurentwild

Post by laurentwild »

Thank you for your feedback. I've tried both solutions, but nothing has changed.
TMeric
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMeric »

Please refer to the following link, I hope it can help you: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3840
laurentwild

Post by laurentwild »

I've checked thoroughly but nothing changes. I tried connecting only one of the two disks, and I even swapped the disks. The problem persists. Are there special drivers for Ventura?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Hi, let's revisit your question.
You mentioned:
1. "When I turn on my Mac, the hard drive appears and works."
(Indicates that TD2 equipment can work normally)

2. However, after a few seconds/minutes, I cannot access the directory including TD2 and Mac.
(This may be caused by the mac issuing a sleep command to the TD2 device to put the built-in hard disk into sleep state.) Therefore, the process of waking up the hard disk failed.

We have two suggestions for this:
Download the DISK speed test tool for Mac and test to see if there are any problems within the specified time. If there are no problems, it should be caused by the Mac issuing a sleep command to the TD2 device.
In addition, after modifying the mac sleep settings, you need to restart the mac and TD2 device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Thunderbolt 3 Series”