It doesn't work...

Centralized Backup is a professional disaster recovery tool specially developed for business users. By using Centralized Backup, company IT managers can use TNAS as the central backup server, without having to configure each host separately, and use TNAS as the initiator to centrally back up the storage space of internal employee computers, workstations, servers, virtual machines, or even is the system partition.
docwednesday

It doesn't work...

Post by docwednesday »

When trying this with VMWare vSphere 7 - it sees the VMs. Says it was successful in setting up the jobs for each VM but when I go to run the job it fails immediately with a "failed to backup" message.

What's worse is there are no logs. There are logs for windows/file server/hyper-v but none for the vsphere connection. So I'm not even able to troubleshoot this. I'm a few seconds from throwing out the whole device and going with someone else because it's been a nightmare and this feature not working is kind of the last straw. If there are troubleshooting steps I can follow, please advise.
TMcola
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: It doesn't work...

Post by TMcola »

{L_BUTTON_AT}docwednesday

Hello, I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

1.The logging feature for VMware vSphere is currently under development and will be available in the next version.
2.You can provide more screenshot information to help us identify the problem.
3.You can contact official customer service to schedule remote assistance, where our technical engineers can help resolve the issue remotely.
TMcola
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: It doesn't work...

Post by TMcola »

{L_BUTTON_AT}docwednesday
Hello, I am very sorry to cause you trouble.
1. The log function of VMware vSphere is under development, and this function will be launched in the next version.
2. You can try to shut down the virtual machine, and then perform the backup virtual machine operation. We are fixing this "backup failed" problem.

Return to “Centralized Backup”