Plex Just Stopped Working

Discussion on Plex media server and clients
Noobie2323

Plex Just Stopped Working

Post by Noobie2323 »

Hi, I'm really hoping someone can help me. I'm at my wits end. I have a Terramaster F2-221 NAS 2 Bay running version 4.2.40-2203011626. It's run perfectly for years. I had it hooked up via ethernet at my mom's house and my brother and sister were able to stream our movies remotely. My mom switched to fiber a few weeks back and I've had a bunch of issues ever since then. It started off with me only being able to access the TNAS web interface by using an ethernet cord. I used to be able to access it directly as long as I was on her network.

I've tried hooking the TNAS up at my apartment to no avail. I still have to be connected to my AT&T Wi-fi gateway (Mac#CC:AB:2C:F9:A1:80) via ethernet to get the TNAS web application to load. It will not do it on wi-fi alone. I ordered a wi-fi adapter and plugged that in, but using it to connect to the wi-fi didn't seem to change anything. I currently have my TNAS plugged in by ethernet to the Wi-fi Gateway. I have Plex (1.32.4.7195) successfully downloaded on the TNAS. When I go to click "Enter" on the Plex application, I get a blank page at http://192.168.1.247:32400/web/ that says "This site can’t be reached, 192.168.1.247 refused to connect. Try: Checking the connection, Checking the proxy and the firewall ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". I never changed any firewall settings or anything like that.

The network interface settings on my TNAS are:

IP Address: 192 168 1 247
Subnet Mask: 255 255 255 0
Default Gateway: 192 168 1 254
Primary DNS: 192 168 1 254

Set as default gateway is checked. MTU value is 1500.

I'm happy to provide any other info people can use to help and appreciate any advice!
Noobie2323

Re: Plex Just Stopped Working

Post by Noobie2323 »

Also, open to doing something akin to a factory reset and rebuilding the plex libraries as long as I can be sure I won't lose the files stored on the storage bays if anyone know if that's an option.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

We are still trying to understand the situation you described. Can you tell us if what you mean by "remote connection" actually refers to wireless connection within the local area network or remote access through the Internet through IP/domain name+port?
We tend to think that you refer to the form of remote IP/domain name+port access.
When replacing with fiber optic, it is possible to simultaneously replace or reset the router/optical modem, which may cause the previously mapped external network port to be reset. Therefore, it is recommended that you reset the router.
There is also a possibility that your new fiber optic broadband does not support Internet IP. You can confirm through network detection software or websites, or inquire with service providers.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Noobie2323

Post by Noobie2323 »

I'm not sure I completely understand the distinction between the two, but I will try to do a better job of explaining. Before the switch to fiber, I had the TNAS desktop application downloaded on my laptop. As long as I was connected to my mother's wi-fi, I could access and open the desktop application at IP/tos/index.php. Currently, when I try to set up the server at my mom's house, the TNAS mobile application can only "find" my NAS if I am connected via a hardline ethernet cable. At my apartment (which is where I currently have the server plugged in), I can log-in through the TNAS desktop application on my laptop. However, when I open the Plex application and click "Enter", I get the error page in the attached screenshot. I also used to be able to log-in to the Plex web application on my desktop on any wi-fi network, however, when I open the Plex web application directly, it does log me into plex, but the old library that used to be on my TNAS folder is not showing up (all the files are still in my filesystem on the TNAS). I've tried resetting routers at both places. I apologize if I'm not answering your question appropriately, but I don't have a ton of technical knowledge.
Attachments
Untitled3.jpg
Untitled3.jpg (12.04 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (14.95 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
Noobie2323

Post by Noobie2323 »

Small update but I got to the screen below. I've tried "admin" and the password for my user account. Is there a way to release an IP address or something like that?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (18.03 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
ccain

Post by ccain »

@Noobie2323, I think @TMzethar might be onto something. Was the WiFi Router at your mom's replaced when Fiber was installed? Chances are there were settings specific to WiFi clients on the old router that were not transitioned to the new router.

With respect to your last comment, did the IP of your TNAS change?
Noobie2323

Post by Noobie2323 »

Hi ccain, thanks for the help. Yes and no. The company that installed the fiber put several vertical routers throughout her house. The router that was plugged in before (which was a netgear) was still plugged in and connected to one of those vertical routers. I'm out of town for Labor Day weekend, but I will get brand/specific names when I get back.

I work for a telecom company and spoke with a couple of our Level 2 techs this week. They agree with you and think that the problem is that my TNAS held on to the network settings of the previous router and that I need to go in and manually reset them. The issue now is that I get that error page telling me that the IP address does not match and asking for an administrator password to change the IP. I'm not sure what I can use to access that because "admin" doesn't work and I don't recall ever setting up an admin password.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

If your NAS has an 'outdated' IP address could, temporarily, access the router controlling the LAN and change the LAN segment address. I noticed your NAS has fixed IP.

[I tend to let my devices use DHCP client and allocate an IP address for their MAC in the DHCP server. That way they always get the same IP when on a specific dhcp segment.]
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Noobie2323

Post by Noobie2323 »

I went to my mom's and plugged in, via ethernet, to the netgear router (which is connected to the DZS model 1764WC ethernet WI-Fi Adapter provided by the fiber company). I can get in to the terramaster's control panel now, but still no luck getting Plex to pull up in the web browser. The network settings seem to line up unless I'm missing something? I downloaded firefox and tried it on there, just to make sure it's not an issue with my chrome browser. I just can't get Plex to load off the terramaster app.
Attachments
Untitled5.jpg
Untitled5.jpg (11.05 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
Untitled4.jpg
Untitled3.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (15.13 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
Untitled.jpg
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

If you can access the control panel of the TOS web page, you can change "static" to "DHCP", and then you should be able to change the IP through the TNAS PC app. Since it is difficult to guess your network structure, we have no further suggestions for other network issues.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Plex”