Plex Just Stopped Working

Discussion on Plex media server and clients
Gremlin
Great Britain

Re: Plex Just Stopped Working

Post by Gremlin »

What @TMzethar said.

However, you could start by simplifying things and removing the wifi adapter on nas. Do you have internet access vi ethernet access on the netgear? (other than the nas). Could be a routing issue/double nat issue with extra devices in the access chain.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Noobie2323

Post by Noobie2323 »

I haven't had the wi-fi adapter in the equation for about a week. I do have access to the internet via the ethernet cable (plugged into the netgear router), but it is back to requesting a password to let me access the the TNAS control panel. "Admin123", "admin", and the password to access my server don't work. Is there a way I can "re-set" the terramaster without losing the files formatted on the drives? I literally have no idea how to resolve the issue.
Noobie2323

Post by Noobie2323 »

Terramaster support was able to help me figure this out in the chat. Resetting the operating system and re-installing plex did the trick. For those that run into the same problem, this was the solution: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423. I had to set up a new plex server, but that isn't a big deal. The only issue I have now is I can't find my media files in the file manager on the new OS. They are still good, though, because the new plex server can find them, I just can't figure out the file path.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Noobie2323

Glad you got it sorted (so far). I don't use plex, so can't help with that.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
odnalyd

Post by odnalyd »

Would anyone have any idea how else to fix this? I tried reinstalling the OS that worked for OP but no luck on my end.

I basically had the same problem as OP did.

I tried:
-resetting the router
-installing a new router
-switching out Ethernet cables
-updating TOS
-reinstalled/uninstalled Plex Media server.
-installing a different version of TOS AND Plex Media server.

All of those haven't worked and I keep getting the same error when trying to open up Plex Media server from the NAS.

Losing my hair trying to trouble shoot this lmao.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}odnalyd
Perhaps it's a bit similar, but the situation you're facing may be different from OP's. You have checked the network and TOS, perhaps you can further investigate the possibility of Plex configuration, file system errors, and hard disk errors: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=4772 viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2575 viewtopic.php?f=82&t=1125
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Plex”