OneDrive Sync wrongly deleting files

CloudSync is a cloud drive synchronization application for fast and secure data synchronization between your TNAS and cloud drives. It is a very practical and efficient one-stop cloud drive disaster recovery solution.
AndyB
Great Britain

OneDrive Sync wrongly deleting files

Post by AndyB »

Yesterday I added a couple of large (1.5GB) video files into a directory that is synced (bidirectional) to OneDrive. Expecting the process to take an hour or so due to my upload speed (~14Mb/s), I checked OneDrive after that time, and there was no sign of the files.

However, when checking on the NAS, there was no record there either.

Assuming I may have made a mistake copying the files from my Win 10 PC to the NAS, I transferred them again, this time leaving the File Explorer window pointing to the NAS folder open. Again, after an hour or so, there's no file on OneDrive. I refresh the Explorer window, and the files are gone again.

I've got around it by manually uploading the files to OneDrive as well as the NAS, but my conclusion seems to be that instead of uploading the files to OneDrive, the sync process is trying to pair the two directory structures up and somehow deciding to delete the NAS version to bring them into line.

Is anyone else aware of the same issue?

This is on a new F2-210 running TOS 4.2.23.

I've had the NAS for just a few weeks, and this, along with the File Manager issue of renaming files and folders with apostrophes in them, means that at the moment I have almost zero faith in the device.

Return to “CloudSync”