can't mount time machine

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
redcloud

can't mount time machine

Post by redcloud »

Hello,
I recently purchased and installed the F2-223 with TNAS OS5.1.41
The NAS is connected to the house Router/Modem in subnet 192.168.0.x/24 and the other port to an Apple TimeCapsule (some call it time machine by mistake) which is a combination of apple Express router + a 2Tb disk that is share on the network (and is also acting as timemachine for my apple).
The TC is also connected to the home Router/Modem and was acting as bridge, meaning it has its own Wifi Network apart from the Router wifi network and allowing Internet access as bridge. it's own DHCP was off and it was assigned (a reserved) IP from the Router = 192.168.0.x.
From my Debian machine - i am able to mount the TC in /mnt/capsule and w/r files (using CIFS FS)
i am also able to mount the TM in /mnt/tnas (BTRFS).
I am able to copy files from TC to TM from Nautilus - but that resulted in disaster since it got hang and if i used MOVE files were lost on source and target.
So i switched to COPY - but that too more than often got stack.
So i switched to terminal and able to run CP command from TC to TM. Alas - that is too slow!!
i figure - my laptop is connected via WIFI and files are copied from TC to laptop over WIFI and back to TM with WIFI (Through the router and to TM via ETH).
So, i connected the TM directly to the TC and change the TC to act as DHCP (subnet 10.0.1.x/24) and not i can see the TM has indeed recieved an IP from the TC.
I logged into my TM via SSH (it run CentosOS) and trying to mount the TC directly (as i did in Debian) - however i an not able to.
Always getting "mount error(13): Permission denied"
dmesg show: CIFS: Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
since TC is old and only supports SMB1 - i use -o vers=1.0 in the mount command:
mount -v -t cifs //10.0.0.1/Data /mnt/capsula/ -o vers=1.0,user=admin

It's a long post - i know, but better explain well and give max info in order to get a good response.
Let me know if more info needed.
i would love to see the TM connected directly to TC and move files between them (faster) rather then go through wifi router->laptop->router->TM

If someone can help solve the mount issue - will be greatly appriciated.
Just for reference: from the Debian the mount returns this:
//192.168.0.x/Data on /mnt/capsule type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,sec=ntlm,cache=strict,username=Admin,uid=x,forceuid,gid=x,noforcegid,addr=192.168.0.x,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,soft,nounix,serverino,mapposix,rsize=16384,wsize=64172,bsize=1048576,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1,user=Admin)

Return to “Network & Remote Access”