Can't restore to /Volume1

The brand-new USB Copy not only provides common backup features, in order to realize offline backup and defend against threats from external networks, TerraMaster engineers have also additionally developed the USB auto-hide feature.
topo01
Germany

Can't restore to /Volume1

Post by topo01 »

How can I use USB-Copy to restore a share?

My scenario:
  • I have backed up my shares to USB drive.
  • Example: Backup "/Volume1/media" to "/Volume1/@usb/usbshare1/media"
  • Meanwhile I had to delete all my discs (see issue with too small system partition).
  • Now I wanted to restore the "media" folder to Volume1. This was not possible as I cannot choose "/Volume1". So first I had to re-create the share folder "media" and then I could only choose "/Volume1/media".
  • As a result the restored media folder will be created as "/Volume1/media/media" and not as "/Volume1/media".
F2-220, TOS 5.1.123 (8GB system partition), Docker 2.0.16 (Nextcloud, AdGuard Home), Terra Photos 2.0.13
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Can't restore to /Volume1

Post by TMzethar »

Sorry, this directory design is for security considerations. Although it will cause trouble when you restore.
You are using TOS5, and the cut can be done instantly in the same folder, so you can restore to the target folder first, and do the cut to adjust it later.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “USB Copy”