Windows Security Error Accessing NAS

Topics related to system security only
johnmatushek

Windows Security Error Accessing NAS

Post by johnmatushek »

I installed a new TerraMaster F2-210 NAS system. I am able to access the device through TNAS PC, and I can get to the TOS Desktop through my browser. The device has an IP address on my network (192.168.1.253) and a network ID (NAS1). All of that seems to be working properly. So far so good.

However, I cannot seem to access the device from any Windows application. When I try to access the device from Windows File Manager, I get a prompt from Windows Security to "Enter network credentials." No matter what credentials I use, I get "access is denied". I have tried my master ID, a guest ID, I even tried a Windows ID. None of them seem to work.

I get the same prompt and the same error (access is denied) if I try to "Map Drive" from TNAS PC.

Any suggestions?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Windows Security Error Accessing NAS

Post by TMzethar »

This may help you solve the problem:
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2759
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
johnmatushek

Post by johnmatushek »

Thank you! That helped quite a bit. After installing SMB in Windows, and changing all TNAS passwords to eliminate special characters, I can now fully access the public and appdata folders from Windows. That's a HUGE improvement.

However, I'm still having a problem with new shared directories. I created a new shared directory, but I cannot access it via Windows. I get a prompt to "Enter Network Credentials" but I always get "Access is denied."

Any further advice?
layna62

Post by layna62 »

johnmatushek wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 02:38 Thank you! That helped quite a bit. After installing SMB in Windows, and changing all TNAS passwords to eliminate special characters, I can now fully access the public and appdata folders from Windows. That's a HUGE improvement.

However, I'm still having a problem with new shared directories. I created a new shared directory, but I cannot access it via Windows. I get a prompt to "Enter Network Credentials" but I always get "Access is denied."

Any further advice?
I'm glad to hear the improvements with accessing existing folders. For the issue with new shared directories, ensure proper permissions are set, double-check credentials, and consider consulting the TNAS support or community for specific troubleshooting steps.

Return to “Security”